If found fit...

spartan34

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If found fit and choose to separate do the VA C&P exams conducted during the MEB stand or do you have to refile your claims upon separation?

PS722

Registered Member
You shouldn't have to place a new claim, wait for the decision. If denied, then look for your local VSO (Veterans Service Officer) and bring in your denial letter to analyze it. With it, you can find out why it was denied and what is needed to submit a new claim or to ask for a Reconsideration.

AFOddJob

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Do they do a C&P exam for a "fit" determination? My MEB/IPEB was a decade ago and there was no exam or disability determination as I was found "fit" and returned to duty (with limitations).

spartan34

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The C&P exams are now done in conjunction with the MEB process DOD uses the VA ratings if they find you unfit, my question is if the board finds me fit, I am due to separate 10 Days upon notification (on a Medhold for duration of MEB) of the fit finding, are my C&P exams good to go or do I have to do the whole thing over?

spartan34

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You shouldn't have to place a new claim, wait for the decision. If denied, then look for your local VSO (Veterans Service Officer) and bring in your denial letter to analyze it. With it, you can find out why it was denied and what is needed to submit a new claim or to ask for a Reconsideration.
My condition being considered (PTSD)was confirmed in my first C&P, I know that much, sonit won’t be denied by the VA but who knows what the board will rule

Was a PEBLO

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If found fit and returned to duty, the VA closes the claim without issuing ratings or denials. You would then have to file a new claim. Reconsiderations and appeals cannot be filed because the VA never rendered a decision.

Once you are out you could file a Decision Ready Claim through a VSO citing the exams previously completed. The completion goals for DRCs is 30 days. The only catch with this would be that you would need to stick to the issues the C&P exams were completed for. If you add any issues that don't have a corresponding exam then your claim would be disqualified from the DRC program and processed as a standard claim.

If you are returned to duty with less than six months but more than three months left on active duty you could file a pre-discharge claim through the Benefits Delivery at Discharge program.

spartan34

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If found fit and returned to duty, the VA closes the claim without issuing ratings or denials. You would then have to file a new claim. Reconsiderations and appeals cannot be filed because the VA never rendered a decision.

Once you are out you could file a Decision Ready Claim through a VSO citing the exams previously completed. The completion goals for DRCs is 30 days. The only catch with this would be that you would need to stick to the issues the C&P exams were completed for. If you add any issues that don't have a corresponding exam then your claim would be disqualified from the DRC program and processed as a standard claim.

If you are returned to duty with less than six months but more than three months left on active duty you could file a pre-discharge claim through the Benefits Delivery at Discharge program.
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">