If you are DOD TDRL/PDRL retired with less than 20 years of service please read.

I wrote my legislators via an email template provided by VFW, but got an auto reply. So, I am not sure that the message got to the legislative rep. or not. What else can we do that will confirm that the legislative reps. have received our request for the Major Richard Star act support and passage? Thank you.

I wrote my legislators via an email template provided by VFW, but got an auto reply. So, I am not sure that the message got to the legislative rep. or not. What else can we do that will confirm that the legislative reps. have received our request for the Major Richard Star act support and passage? Thank you.
My process is to use the VFW and DAV website to contact representatives. I then send direct emails in my own language to them and follow that up with a phone call to their office.
Redundant, maybe, but it ensures my message has been received.

My process is to use the VFW and DAV website to contact representatives. I then send direct emails in my own language to them and follow that up with a phone call to their office.
Redundant, maybe, but it ensures my message has been received.
Thank you very much!

Great News….I pray this squeaks through in the coming days.

What’s you guys opinion on the following:

The next battle for “combat related” retirements being to allow us to receive not just our “longevity portion” but our actual retirement “disability percentage” or whichever is greater. I understand the remaining percentage after longevity would be purely disability…but had mine and I’m sure many of your careers not ended abruptly in the back quarter of my career at 17ish years….my longevity pay would have been much greater as well. Maybe my thinking is off on this, for it’s surely biased…but it would be nice. Thoughts?

I just want to clarify: this bill only applies to folks medically retired from an injury sustained in combat? Or does it include peons like me, medically retired for MH?

From my understanding…it’s just medically retired under 20 years….and must be combat related in order to benefit from the bill as currently written. Please step in if I’m wrong.

You are correct. MH conditions are included if they’re from combat and rated as such.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting anything, but it's still good to know for sure.