I'm filing an IG complaint

It is case by case basis so some people cases are more serious. Do you think it really takes more than one day to look at someone case and think so we keep them in or not?
I don't understand why the PEB needs to take more than five minutes with any one case. They should just be checking the boxes.

-NMA assessment suggests separation? Check
-MEB states the condition impacts required duties and will not improve? Check
-Apply proposed VA rating for referred condition to determine DoD rating
-Done.

The package is reviewed by doctors during the MEB phase. Why have more medical officers go over it again during the PEB?

I don't understand why the PEB needs to take more than five minutes with any one case. They should just be checking the boxes.

-NMA assessment suggests separation? Check
-MEB states the condition impacts required duties and will not improve? Check
-Apply proposed VA rating for referred condition to determine DoD rating
-Done.

The package is reviewed by doctors during the MEB phase. Why have more medical officers go over it again during the PEB?
i actually just heard someone got found fit even though all the papers suggested an unfit finding.

i actually just heard someone got found fit even though all the papers suggested an unfit finding.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong so example for me I have fish allergy and I’m a CS if you are found you are going back to do your same job no matter what so I’ll basically have to cook fish. I hope they do that so I can file a major lawsuit when they know I have a allergy and be like we don’t care you’ll be fine and my throat closes. Two can play that game fr

ehh idk good luck getting past the ferres act. read somewhere an army unit defied medical orders and made a soldier lose her baby. they still went in favor of the army due to the ferres act.

ehh idk good luck getting past the ferres act. read somewhere an army unit defied medical orders and made a soldier lose her baby. they still went in favor of the army due to the ferres act.
My chief told me if they send me back to a ship as a cs and something bad happens pray to god not but deadly or just bad and they see that I have a allergy and be like idc you may can’t sue the government but that peb doctor is gonna lose his job and be replaced

My IDES attorney had told me that they are down to 2 medical review officers when they used to have 5. Not sure if its a manning issue or a COVID issue. They went from processing 50-60 cases a week to about 20. smh. Hopefully, you find out soon!

Also would it be IG complaint or an ICE complaint?

From what I was told by a friend close to the PEB, they also went from 8 reviewers to 3 so that's another manning shortfall.

IG complaint would be against the PEB, ICE would be against the PEBLOs, I believe.
right on. Seems like we have heard similar things

My MEB took 16 months start to finish (started in September 2014). Not that unusual. I had been a Case Manager an WTU from 2010-2012 and we had people there for 3 and 4 years at that time. Every case is different and there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than you think.

My MEB took 16 months start to finish (started in September 2014). Not that unusual. I had been a Case Manager an WTU from 2010-2012 and we had people there for 3 and 4 years at that time. Every case is different and there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than you think.
Thanks for that, and I believe it. I think that the main grievance, at least for me, is that it’s only happening in the DoN (USN/USMC). Seems to me that the other Services have no issue complying with the DoDM, and even allow their members on PEB to see in real time what is happening with their packages. The disparity is my issue. I can’t even relate anything that’s not listed under USN or USMC Case Timelines anymore…

Yeah several years ago there were massive investigations across all branches into the timelines of the medboard because it was taking so long. My therapist has told me all about it. She got taken off her normal duties and only did medboard processing for like 6 months. What they're doing to people is in my eyes negligence. No where in the Navy do we allow people to transfer out when we know it would cause the command significant degredation in the ability for it to carry out it's duties. I'm only assuming they aren't civilians because the email i got said they're short staffed due to PCS which isn't a civilian thing. I'm seeing now that people are being told 8 months for adjudication. this is insane. Meanwhile in the army and airforce people from june submissions are getting their findings back.

You’d think they’d try to expedite people out so they can fill more spots in the fleet with people that are fit for duty rather than having people like me being paid 5K a month to stare at a wall for 9 hours a day waiting to EAS. Lol

Makes too much sense, what do you think this is, the air force?
Hey Now, don't go thinking we are put together with this problem set...the AF process is f*cked up too.

You’d think they’d try to expedite people out so they can fill more spots in the fleet with people that are fit for duty rather than having people like me being paid 5K a month to stare at a wall for 9 hours a day waiting to EAS. Lol
Have you memorized all of the lines/cracks on the wall yet. When you get there that is only LEVEL 4 of shut up and wait for us to process your board. It keeps going and going after that.

Have you memorized all of the lines/cracks on the wall yet. When you get there that is only LEVEL 4 of shut up and wait for us to process your board. It keeps going and going after that.

If I stay here much longer I may be able to draw a perfect image of this room still in 20 years.

If I stay here much longer I may be able to draw a perfect image of this room still in 20
I'm in the same boat BUT at LEAST we have this forum to commiserate. Leadership generally doesn't have the bandwidth to be sympathetic/helpful to those of us going through it. The paycheck helps. Look at using some educational benefits or COOL funding for certifications since you have the time.

I'm in the same boat BUT at LEAST we have this forum to commiserate. Leadership generally doesn't have the bandwidth to be sympathetic/helpful to those of us going through it. The paycheck helps. Look at using some educational benefits or COOL funding for certifications since you have the time.

My “leadership” sent me to another command as soon as I went on a board and also said I was faking for the first 6 months of LIMDU. I’d have to agree that they’re not even a little sympathetic lol. I have a job lined up for November… hopefully I am out by then.