I'm lost

cdawg

Registered Member
I have been dealing with back issues for over two years and have gone through the whole shabang: physical therapy, acupuncture, imaging, massage, chiro, neurologists, etc, over the course of three bases.
Currently I am at an Army post but I am Air Force. My pain management "PCM" put in a consult for a MEB and said it was time for me. Now I'm being told by medical technicians that my case is being referred to DAWGs. I have already have two DAWG reviews and they decided fit for duty. The medical technicians also said that because of this I probably wont get a MEB and they will kick back the profile I was given.
If now my PCM recommendation is for me to get out and the CC is as well, how likely is it that the DAWG review will concur and start a full MEB? Is the MEB consult from the PCM viewed in the DAWG? I really don't understand the purpose of the DAWG if your PCM is recommending you for a MEB. Please send help

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The DAWG is a check and balance. Just because the DAWG kicked back earlier cases doesn't mean this time it will go the same way. After all you have, "
gone through the whole shabang: physical therapy, acupuncture, imaging, massage, chiro, neurologists, etc,

TundraX_SA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My case has gone to the dawg three times and each time they kicked it back for one reason or the other. It took the fourth time and the NARSUM from my rheumatologists to get them to press forward. I found out today I was recommended for a full MEB and meet with a VA rep at 1100. Just stick with it and make sure the medical technicians are doing their due diligence.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">