I'm on PDRL, How do I get off and, potentially, re-enlist?

BSW0124

PEB Forum Regular Member
I'm on PDRL, How do I get off and, potentially, re-enlist? I appreciate any concrete assistance anyone can provide me with on this matter.

Hi,

I've been looking at this for a few months now. As I understand it, you will need to apply to the BCMR with DD Form 149 to correct your RE code along with supporting documentation showing you are fit for duty. If/once they do what you ask you will need to come off retirement and start working with a recruiter who is willing to put in the paperwork/hours.

The info above is based on my research here and talking with recruiters who are willing to put in the work.

Oddly enough, I was a recruiter and never saw it happen as my station commander refused to "waste" the station's time. Just keep the goal in sight and realize you're in for a long process of being told no more than yes.

Good luck and keep us informed on your progress and process.

I was going to make the same suggestion - apply to the Board for Correction of Military Records (DD Form 149). Without knowing facts, I would generally suggest providing them with supporting documentation (medical records, doctor's recommendations, etc.) proving that you are no longer unfit for duty due to the conditions which resulted in you being placed on the PDRL in the first place. But you should be careful to ask for the correct relief - to that end it may be wise to consult an attorney.

What is the status? Did you manage to get off PDRL?? If you did accomplish this, may we have a list of what to do? It will help out all future vets trying to accomplish the same thing, myself included.

This post is 3 years old, start a new thread

Realizing this thread is three years old I do have some experience on this.

I was not MEB'd, I left after the end of my enlistment. I should have been MEB'd but they took the easy way out. I kept trying for 10 years before I finally got back on AD. In the 10 years I jumped at anything to get back in and that was why I was in the Navy Reserves (4 yrs), Army Reserves (4 yrs), Air National Guard (2 yrs) and was attempting to join the Marines when it finally came through.

The Marine recruiter encouraged me to write my Congressman and I was back on AD in six weeks. At present I would think the odds of getting back on AD would almost be impossible since they are trying to decrease the people on AD. I would go to college and try and move on which was what I was doing when it came through.