IM SO LOST!

Hello, i have a question. when i went to get my summary done, the doc that is writing it up said that he was going to say my range of motion was fine but i cant handle any weight. i told him that i dont have any range of motion. but he didnt say anything. now i dont know what to do. i go in next week to read over it. should i have another person redo the whole thing or what. i dont know what to do. im so lost. do you have any idea what i should do. im ready to just have this shit done with, but at the same time i dont want to get screwed you know. any and all help would be great. thanks. kelly

Kelly,

You need to have an accurate ROM study done. Be persistent on this and ask for an Independent Medical Advisor if they won't fix this in the narrative summary.

Hi Kelly,

You know, I don't remember where the link is...but have you seen the guidelines for ROM tests. Its a good idea to look at it and then if you need to even take the copy to the doc with you, do so. I'm not sure how ROM tests are given for arms/shoulders, it is your shoulder right? Geez, I read your post an hour ago and I can't remember. I do care, thats just how I've been rollin' lately...Scary. I think the VASRD, or the VA site has the guidelines.....someone else if you're reading this and you can remember where to find the guidelines...if you can chime in it would be great.

By the time my package went up to the board I had a white 3" binder full of the AFI's, VASRD info and notes from this website ;). Good luck to you. Keep educating yourself, and if something doesn't feel right along the way-trust your instinct...and then find supporting documentation for your case! :)