I'm stuck need advice

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well I have been getting OAC to help me on my MEB process. He just went to the formal board on my behalf and my retention was denied like we thought it was going to be. I was planning on a VAAR and SECAF appeal with I though was 7 months just for SECAF but they are saying I could get my SECAF response back In a few days and most likely disapproved. I'm at 19 years and 3 months and at real risk for losing my retirement over a few damn months. My lawyer wants to stray away from a VAAR cause I am at 100%VA and he doesn't want to risk lowering it plus they said that's quick now too. I am working on my LAS stuff for when the SECAF appeal is denied and trying to get a PCM letter stating i'm stable and not at risk till my retirement. Anybody have templates or examples of these letters, I need them ASAP. Thanks I appreciate it, i'm stressing out here that I just gave 19.5 years of my life for a pat on the back and a jacked up body.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you trying to appeal for a fit finding to the SECAF?

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
NO way they are going to find me fit. I just want to make it till 20, I currently have 19 years, 3 months in so my eligible retire date would of been june 1, 2020 but with the new system don't see any way to make that. But OAC said it will get denied really fast cause new process and no new evidence to submit.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don’t know all the details of your case but have you considered getting a civilian counsel today handle your appeal? Seems like they would have more time to put into an appeal.

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well still waiting for SAF to come back but i got PCM and commander recomendation for LAS so that should save me

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">