Increased % by VA, would crsc % increase

Cj4n

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi...my husband was 90% va and with that he got 40% (30 & 10) crsc. He just had some reevals by VA request and is now 100% p&t VA and what was 30% crsc was increased to 70%. Do we notify to have crsc reconsidered for increase to 70 or will it not even make a difference?? I cannot find anything that is simple enough for me to just wrap my head around and simply understand. Appreciate your thoughts. :)

Hi...my husband was 90% va and with that he got 40% (30 & 10) crsc. He just had some reevals by VA request and is now 100% p&t VA and what was 30% crsc was increased to 70%. Do we notify to have crsc reconsidered for increase to 70 or will it not even make a difference?? I cannot find anything that is simple enough for me to just wrap my head around and simply understand. Appreciate your thoughts. :)
A request for reconsideration should be sent to the service concerned to increase the CRSC percentage. The page linked at the end of this sentence includes the addresses (URLs) for the service CRSC boards. A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

It is not as simple as looking at a chart for CH 61 retirees. The CRSC ceiling is the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

If he had relatively few years of active duty, it is unlikely he would receive an increase. However, I would compare his current CRSC statement (the amount) with the VA compensation tables for the CRSC percentage previously approved, 40%. If his actual CRSC is LESS than that amount, then he has already max'ed out for CRSC. If his actual CRSC is the SAME amount shown in the VA compensation tables, then it is possible he can still get an increase.

Good luck,
Ron