Indeed, Never say Never...Successful DoVA NOD Granted!

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
ALCON:

After a long three year and two month wait, I was finally granted full benefits sought on my DoVA NOD appeal by the DoVA Regional Office via a De Novo Review election from appellant for Headaches @ 30%, IBS @ 30%, and TBI @ 0% albeit all residual TBI medical conditions received separate DoVA official ratings.

Bottom line is to never give up if you disagree with any DoVA decision letter and its supporting documentation from the submission of a DoVA disability claim; please invoke the DoVA appeals process at your earliest opportunity within the one year deadline from receipt of the DoVA decision letter.

In retrospect while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process when on military active duty, all of my aforementioned medical conditions received a "Not Service Connected" adjudication by the DoVA D-RAS. Upon becoming a military veteran, I sought relief by submitting a new DoVA disability claim with updated medical evidence and still received a "Not Service Connected" adjudication this time by the DoVA Rating Agency. Well, I am extremely pleased to say that both the DoVA D-RAS and DoVA Rating Agency were totally wrong/inadequate in their adjudications of my DoVA disability claims. Again, never give up and never say never if the medical evidence and/or medical documentation supports your disability claim!

Hmm, upon receipt of my forthcoming CRSC application decision from HQ USAHRC, I will definitely need to update/appeal my DoVA official ratings for all combat-related medical conditions. This shall result in more time consumption for a proper CRSC outcome albeit it's worth the wait for an accurate CRSC decision! Take care and enjoy life!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I'm very happy for you. Not only are you a regular source of help, and knowledge, for members here on this forum but now you have a first hand example of fighting for what you believe is right; no matter how long it takes.

You're a model example.

Congrats and glad everything worked out for you the way it should have. I'll probably be in similar situation because a few of my boarded conditions came back as not service connected. I don't get it because all of my medical records prove otherwise and I've been receiving treatment for 2 years. And my NARSUM clearly spelled it out. At any rate, good on you for elevating your issues up for proper recordings and ratings. Thanks for all the insight you provide here to everyone as well.

So I got ahold of one of the Chiefs at the Board. He informed me that my case was in the QA phase still and then would be sent to my peblo...He then backtracked and said or the VA.. I then asked if he knew what the rulng was and he said he couldn't tell me that... However his little slip of being sent back to the PEBLO leads me to believe they somehow have found me fit. Which if they have, what do I do to resubmit?

I'm seeing if you have any answers or can point me in the right direction

I'm very happy for you. Not only are you a regular source of help, and knowledge, for members here on this forum but now you have a first hand example of fighting for what you believe is right; no matter how long it takes.

You're a model example.
Wow! Thanks; it's truly heartwarming and appreciate the feedback. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Congrats and glad everything worked out for you the way it should have. I'll probably be in similar situation because a few of my boarded conditions came back as not service connected. I don't get it because all of my medical records prove otherwise and I've been receiving treatment for 2 years. And my NARSUM clearly spelled it out. At any rate, good on you for elevating your issues up for proper recordings and ratings. Thanks for all the insight you provide here to everyone as well.
Indeed, and thank you as well! I truly appreciate your feedback and I am extremely pleased to be able/capable of helping others. Take care!

Best Wishes!

So I got ahold of one of the Chiefs at the Board. He informed me that my case was in the QA phase still and then would be sent to my peblo...He then backtracked and said or the VA.. I then asked if he knew what the rulng was and he said he couldn't tell me that... However his little slip of being sent back to the PEBLO leads me to believe they somehow have found me fit. Which if they have, what do I do to resubmit?

I'm seeing if you have any answers or can point me in the right direction
Hmm, from your above input, it would seem that you are currently in the PEB phase of the DoD IDES process; is that a correct assumption at this point? :confused:

Best Wishes!

I think so. They are determining whether I am FIT or Unfit, once they make a ruling it will be sent to the VA for rating

I think so. They are determining whether I am FIT or Unfit, once they make a ruling it will be sent to the VA for rating
Okay, yes; it would seem so at this point.

If the PEB comes back with a "fit for duty" finding then you will need to request a Formal PEB (FPEB) hearing at that particular point in time. Once scheduled, you will be assigned a military FPEB attorney, or you can obtain FPEB counsel at your own expense.

Best Wishes!

Last edited:
Ok awesome. Thank you Warrior644!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok awesome. Thank you Warrior644!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed, you are quite welcome! Please continue to fight any injustices if warranted! Take care!

Best Wishes!