Individual unemployability wait time

wtuwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My husband was offically medically retired through the wtu at Ft know on Jan 10th of last year. We started receiving benefits from VA at 80% on March 1st of 2013. His claim through the VA was started in 2012 during his med board. He filed for IU at that time and we are still waiting on this claim. I am just wondering if anyone else has gotten a recent decision on their IU and how long it took

My husband was offically medically retired through the wtu at Ft know on Jan 10th of last year. We started receiving benefits from VA at 80% on March 1st of 2013. His claim through the VA was started in 2012 during his med board. He filed for IU at that time and we are still waiting on this claim. I am just wondering if anyone else has gotten a recent decision on their IU and how long it took

Hi Wtuwife,
I filed my claim for IU back in March as well and the last I checked on e-benefits it's in the Preparation for Decision Phase with as estimated completion time of 1/10/2014 to 2/5/2014. I am still waiting on a decision and hoping that it will be soon.

Every place has its on timeline so it would be very hard to answer. My went through Cleveland and it took 15 months.

I am going to submit mine so it takes that long? Do they back date it as far as pay is concerned?

My understanding is if it is filed within a year of your initial claim result it will be backdated.

Here is what happened with me. The VA raised my MH rating and added some others which put me over 95%. They still have not acknowledge everything but that's a different story. They gave me TDIU from the time I got off AD up to Sept of 2013. From Sept 2013 on, I am 100% P&T. Still no back pay because of yet another bad choice by me and they are working on my pay. So TDIU or 100%, it still goes back to the time I left AD from what I'm being told.

Jeep, I am 90 percent currently VA and looking to put in for TDIU. Was the process fairly straightforward for you?

I am still active duty Army and just got my ratings. 50 From Army 90 VA.

I see its one form to fill out, did you just do so and then mail it in or is there an online version?

Thanks.

Jeep, I am 90 percent currently VA and looking to put in for TDIU. Was the process fairly straightforward for you?

I am still active duty Army and just got my ratings. 50 From Army 90 VA.

I see its one form to fill out, did you just do so and then mail it in or is there an online version?

Thanks.

You can file IU on ebenefits

I went through e county VA but you could also use your VSO or do it on line. It really wasn't hard for me. The VA should consider TDIU prior to your award from my understanding. I would go ahead and submit the paperwork because they will probably ask for it. I had to submit it three ties before they admitted to receiving it.

Looking on Eben and it says I dont have a VA claim yet and I have to file one before I can do IU. Anyone ran into this?

Looking on Eben and it says I dont have a VA claim yet and I have to file one before I can do IU. Anyone ran into this?

I think I remember some new rule coming on line, that basically you have to apply for an increase for each item that you feel contributes to your unemployability ( that way they only have to review those and see if a traditional schedular increase is warranted, whereas in the past, they had to re evaluate every claim and as such every piece of documentation along with it and any new medical evidence you provide ) and you "attach" the TDIU claim to that. It is still possible to do it all digitally, I just cannot offer any further guidance as I am not even rated yet.

Jesus that sounds like a nightmare of paperwork. Wonderful.

I would not wait a second longer to figure it out if I were you, with the new way they are fudging case numbers, the incoming cases from the force reduction and the ever increasing agent orange assumption cases, they are not gonna get any speedier, regardless if your destitute, filing bankruptcy, loosing a house or having to sell off possessions to get by, they will happily trudge along at the same pace with the same 23%+ error rate because they have zero persons holding the accountable, and as the number of cases grow, that 23% error rate turns from 6-700 thousand cases a year wrong, to over a million rather quickly. but by golly we can give illegals earned income credit, subsidize insurance for everyone, pay for extra flights for AF1 to give someone a birthday present, but we cannot hire more claims examiners and we have to pay for studies to find out if there are ways we can deny more benefits to warriors without breaking the law.

I spoke to a lawyer about it, and they said they could help after I was turned down. LOL. Wonderful. I spoke with the PEBLO VA rep and he was LITERALLY of no use. He acted as if he had never heard of it, and said to not worry just file later after your not active duty.

I spoke to a lawyer about it, and they said they could help after I was turned down. LOL. Wonderful. I spoke with the PEBLO VA rep and he was LITERALLY of no use. He acted as if he had never heard of it, and said to not worry just file later after your not active duty.

if my ratings do not come back as believed, I will file the TDIU application with my VARR and if that does not work, i will file it with my 214, when they go to reopen my claim. Thats the only places in the process that I can think of, that make sense to put it in the stack.

Yea I need to get a handle on this ASAP as I will be jettisoned out into civilian land soon and no one wants to deal with the VA after that

Has anyone used a lawyer for TDIU?
Molonlabedoc: As previously mentioned, I would file for TDIU now. Has anyone briefed you that it is still going to take the Seattle VA 3-4 months to finalize your ratings after you medically retire?

You mention that you just got your ratings, have you signed your DA 199? If you haven't, you can file a one-time VA Ratings Reconsideration for your referred conditions. I would file VARR and apply for IU. It is worth a shot.

Even if this opportunity has passed, you can still apply for the IU now.

VSO's are a good at lending their expertise in filling out the IU application.

Take care and good luck to you.

Thanks for the consideration. I am getting hung up on how exactly to apply, the VA rep at the peblo was exactly no help. I will investigate the VARR IU option.

Again,

Thanks

Went in Monday for 2nd c & p exam with him, today it moved from gathering of evidence (had been there for a a year) to prep for decision. We had to refile may papers and they added an increase for TBI in the claim. Sat with my husband in the exam room, was very easy, no questions you would think they would ask for an IU claim though... seemed she was more checking on the TBI only. No estimated date of completion on ebenefits yet, will update as soon as it comes through.