Individual unemployability wait time

molon, i went with my husband to VA liason to file right before med board was finished, there is just one form to start claim but they wont even look at it until after you are out but its always nice to already have it on file... it basically just ask previous employers and wants address and phones. It is VA form 21-8940, you can print it out and have them help you fill it out, if they arent help feel free to ask questions I will help with whatever I can :)

Thanks WTU, I am trying to get ahold of a service rep to start the process. I have heard of some people getting it approved while still active duty.

Thanks WTU, I am trying to get ahold of a service rep to start the process. I have heard of some people getting it approved while still active duty.

no one has had it approved while active duty, a few have had it approved during the finalization phase of the va ratings, of those that I know which are few, all of them where "inferred" in other words the C/P doc made specific mention of unemployability w/ a high PTSD rating (70% but not 100 obviously), so they were technically approved without ever filing the form (they still had to mind you). Now since you have a claim open in Ebenefits as of the date of your discharge (once you turn your 214 in), you should be able to file it/upload it then.

I plan to file all my "new" evidence and a summary letter when I turn my 214 in and possibly turn in the IU application along with the SSDI approval letter if it comes in time.

T Thanks for the intelligence. I certainly didn't mean to speak out of turn on that matter, as I definitely haven't a clue. I tell you what, this place saves people. Going it alone with a MEB and the VA is a fairly terrifying thought.

Molon, you must have already been out and finalized on your va ratings because you don't qaulify unless you have one disabilty rated at 60% or higher or one disability is ratable at 40 percent or more with a combined rating of 70 percent or more.

I just received an approval determination on my TDIU claim that I filed on February 28, 2012.

This claim was submitted by the LA Regional Office and was processed by the VA Fort Harrison Regional Office.

Yeah. I guess I just had gotten used to the waiting game having already gone through the process of being medically retired from active duty. For that process I was even held 10 months past my EAS, but it was all worth it in the end. At least the back pay money for being moved to 100 percent was deposited into my account the same day I received my decision letter.

CORRECTION: The initial claim was received by the VA on February, 28, 2013. My mistake. The pay adjustment was backdated to September 29, 2012 when I left active duty.

We are still waiting on ours, went to pending decision approval last week now its back at gathering of evidence again... and yes if we get approved hubby is getting a new truck :)

We are still waiting on ours, went to pending decision approval last week now its back at gathering of evidence again... and yes if we get approved hubby is getting a new truck :)

Nice! :cool: Enjoy the new truck! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

So for clarification they did pay you back to October 1 ,2012 didn't they? Also what other ratings do you have? You might be eligible back pay to SMC (s) or you will be in the future. Also are you married? Do you have kids?

Thanks

CORRECTION: The initial claim was received by the VA on February, 28, 2013. My mistake. The pay adjustment was backdated to September 29, 2012 when I left active duty.

Did you apply for TDIU yet? I can tell you some great information about the program. I'm studying right now to be a Accredited Claim Agent and just got back from a NOVA conference couple of weeks ago. It's when the best VA Disability Attorney and VA Accredited Claim Agent get together and talk about VA case law and learn it as well.

It took that long? OMG...

Hi Wtuwife,
I filed my claim for IU back in March as well and the last I checked on e-benefits it's in the Preparation for Decision Phase with as estimated completion time of 1/10/2014 to 2/5/2014. I am still waiting on a decision and hoping that it will be soon.

What do you think your VA ratings will be?

Thanks

Did you apply for TDIU?

Thanks

Went in Monday for 2nd c & p exam with him, today it moved from gathering of evidence (had been there for a a year) to prep for decision. We had to refile may papers and they added an increase for TBI in the claim. Sat with my husband in the exam room, was very easy, no questions you would think they would ask for an IU claim though... seemed she was more checking on the TBI only. No estimated date of completion on ebenefits yet, will update as soon as it comes through.

People that are interested learning about TDIU I have gained a lot of information since the last 8 months please don't rely on your VSO's and MSC. Please contact with great information. I PROMISE its worth your time.