INFORMAL BOARD OVER 90 DAYS!!!

I'm really getting pissed, its been pass the 90 day mark for my results to get back in. I was told a week ago that 1 doctor finished his repsonse, and i'm waiting on the other two! What's the point in telling people there's a no later than 90 day policy, and it seems as though they go over 90 days everytime. I'm sick of my PEBLO, he's absolutely no help at all and gets rude, when i call or email him about my status. They dont understand how stressful this is! I feel like I'm being held by a piece of string!

dani_0327,

I feel your pain. My PEBLO told me my board was finished two weeks ago. But i still dont have my findings and they have no clue whats going on. They need to fix the system so the service member is more involved, so hwe dont feel like were getting the run around all the time. Hope you hear some news soon.

Hawker75

I agree. I talked to mine and asked her where I was in the queue and she acted like I had just spoke jibberish. That's not what frustrates me, if you don't know an answer or don't have an idea say that and get back to me ASAP. Rather mine likes to never answer her phone or email for days at a time!

I just wanted to let you know that it's common in the DES system. Hang in there!

I havent hit the 90 day mark yet. My package has been down there for 10 weeks. I also have supraventricular Tachycardia due to a cardiomyopathy and birth complications. I will let you guys know when I get my results. Hopefully it will be sooner than later :)

Not quite to 90 days. I'm at 53 days but it feels like a year since it was sent. Let's all hope for some good news soon!

Likewise, I'm hitting Day 48 since my package has been at Randolph...gotta love being kept in a holding pattern. Hopefully the IPEB Santa will grant our belated Christmas/holiday wishes.... :D

I hope the IPEB santa does exist. I have been waiting over 100 days now. It's time to hear something.

I don't know if this is an additional cause of delay above the usual holiday slowdown. But, in the Air Force, the Formal PEB President was recently deployed and they moved two members over from the IPEB to fill vacancies. It may be that they are shorthanded at the moment. I hope that everyone gets the result they want as soon as possible.

Tomorrow will be 14 weeks which is 98 days that my package has been down at Randolph. I was told that I wont hear anything until mid to late february. Im trying to stay positive and not think about it but man its soo hard.:(

I'm with you. It is hard not to think about it everyday. People keep telling me not too, but it is always on my mind. Just would like for it to be done so I can move on with my life.

No kidding it's time to hear something. Here the PEBLO tells you "oh 6-8 weeks" then day 60 passes, then day 90 passes....meanwhile leadership is bugging for when your last day is.. it's like "Um when the IPEB results come back I will let you know!"

I too am feeling the waiting pain. In December my PEBLO told me my Informal Board was done, and was just waiting on my package to come in. Then two weeks later I found out my Informal Board was updated wrong and it was actually kick back to “Pending Adjudication ". My wife keeps telling me "at least we are still getting paid". Yeah that’s always good but this process is so stressful. It makes planning for life after the military almost imposable. Hope you guys have better luck than I do. Its been 16 long weeks...

I am right there with you. It is hard to plan for your future if you don't know what or when it is. My wife says the same thing, we are getting paid and have a roof over our head. I don't know about any of you but I would like to get control of my life back.

I totally agree with you guys. This being in limbo thing is just not working for me. I cant plan ahead because I dont know when I will get a decision. The bad part is when a decision comes back and it's to get out, you have little time to plan and adjust. It sucks all around but hey like Hawker75's wife said at least you are getting paid.

SSgtrivera:
Yea-and hopefully you have some money saved up because they don't tell you that you may not get paid for up to three months. I was told it would be a month. So, my wife and I had planned for that, then I do not get paid for up to three months later. The Army dropped the ball on that one. For sure. I had to keep using credit cards to pay bills, buy food, etc. Everything that I had worked to keep from using credit cards went down the drain. I am still recovering from that one. They just tell you you're done and out the door you go! The military likes to HIDE too many things from its members, especially those going thru the PDES (MEB/PEB). Horrible! How about OBAMA working on REFORM for the military!?!

Respectfully,
Nick

Thats some really good advice! Thank you for the information. I will be sure to save part of my income tax return just in case they try to screw me over. 3 months without pay , that's ridiculous. I cant extensively plan due to not having a date but I do have a make-shift plan that will now have to be modified due to your great advice. I hope the other members read your post cause that's pretty devastating.

YEA-I do not mean to scare you in anyway, and honestly, I hope that this doesn't happen often to our service members. I just want to make people aware of that. I had called so many times looking for my money. Of course, it was harder because I did not stay at Ft Hood; I moved back to PA. So, this made it even more difficult to deal with because the numbers they gave me, yea, they barely ever worked. It was a nightmare, especially when you have a family to feed. I try to make people aware of that when I can though. I couldn't believe it when I called and they told me "it will be 45-90 days before you get your last monies". I was like "FOR REAL! How come no one had told me of this?" These are the things the military needs to work on. I'll stop there....LOL!

Hope all is well - and keep us all in the loop!

Respectfully
Nick

Ok venting right now.... I'm getting really fed up with everyone and their brother in my office asking me if I've heard anything or when my last day is.... I'm tempted to say I will annouce it over the loudspeaker as soon as I know something...holy crap, asking me every single day isn't going to speed up the process any!

Anyone else having this issue?

Ok venting right now.... I'm getting really fed up with everyone and their brother in my office asking me if I've heard anything or when my last day is.... I'm tempted to say I will annouce it over the loudspeaker as soon as I know something...holy crap, asking me every single day isn't going to speed up the process any!

Anyone else having this issue?

RiverChicky980,

I also have to deal with this problem. It’s not only work but my family calls weekly asking when im going to be home. My wife is feeling the DRAMA from this waiting game. She is a DOD Civilian and put in for a transfer back to our home stat, so she gets calls from her Human Recourse Department every week asks if they can expedite here transfer. Lets all hope the wait is all worth it..

I am getting tired of people in my office asking when my last day is to. So I have decied that I would not inform them when my last day is going to be. I am just going to do my out processing and final out and not inform them. I am about to hit 90 days in the next week. I just want them to hurry up. There is only 3 people ahead of me at my base waiting for results. Good luck to everyone.