script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Injury from fast roping

Xavirgsi1231

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m in the Marine corps not sure how the limdu process works. Long story short I was fast roping and the rope caught my foot and saved my life. I was put on light duty for 7 months before ortho finally put me on limdu. I was recommended for surgery. The doctor said they screwed me because they sent me straight to physical therapy and made the injury more sever. He said my foot is basically fucked. I want to get better but at this point I’m over it. I have 2 years left been in for 7 years. I have so many other issues stemming from the years of wear and tear in the infantry and other issues. Any one have any recommendations for this limdu and possible med sep?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If LIMDU goes on you will likely go an MEB. You are in the waiting game.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Be sure it is documented that your injury is from fast roping. That should hlep with a CRSC claim after separation.

Xavirgsi1231

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Be sure it is documented that your injury is from fast roping. That should hlep with a CRSC claim after separation.
Thank you for the Input, I have a video of the incident and when I show health care providers they cringe. Its frustrating that they didn't get an MRI in the begging. The Podiatry doctor said if they would have they would seen how bad it was and it would have been a better chance it healed. He said since I walked on for 6 months and they treated as a sprain they messed my foot up really bad. Im just frustrated with the situation.