Intro

Jralexander2

Registered Member
Good day everyone! I am TDRL as of 29 September last year. Went through the formal PEB and was given 20 for my lower leg/ankle, and 40 for my back. A month after retirement I was made 100 P&T by the VA. So now I'm waiting for my reeval from the Marine Corps side and wondering if me being permanent has any bearing on making me PDRL. I. Using Voc Rehab here in Hawaii and starting Grad school this fall to get my MSW and return the favor to Active Duty members.

Good day everyone! I am TDRL as of 29 September last year. Went through the formal PEB and was given 20 for my lower leg/ankle, and 40 for my back. A month after retirement I was made 100 P&T by the VA. So now I'm waiting for my reeval from the Marine Corps side and wondering if me being permanent has any bearing on making me PDRL. I. Using Voc Rehab here in Hawaii and starting Grad school this fall to get my MSW and return the favor to Active Duty members.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Good deal, and congratulations on the receipt of your DoVA 100% P&T rating!

From an U.S. Army perspective with over four years on the DoD TDRL prior to my recent official placement onto the DoD PDRL, obtaining a PDRL finding is based upon whether the PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical condition(s) is(are) determined by the DoD LDES PEB to be "permanent and stable" for DoD rating purposes only.

As such for certain, an argument can be raised by a PDES attorney if the DoD LDES PEB via USMC recommends a continuation onto the DoD TDRL by using the DoVA 100% P&T rating awarded from the DoVA D-RAS or the DoVA Rating Agency. Unfortunately, the DoD LDES PEB isn't obligated to accept/mirror/adopt any disability rating(s) awarded by the DoVA Rating Agency upon becoming a military disabled veteran.

Also, of importance will be the results of the DoD (USMC) TDRL medical re-examination(s) to include any other available medical evidence and/or medical documentation while placed onto the TDRL for the PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical condition(s) deemed "permanent and unstable" when in the DoD IDES process. Take care and enjoy!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

My case
Is similar. Im
TDRL but my VA letter says P&T. If we are to be reevaluated, how can we be permanent?

Nvm, I figured it out. The VA can make you p&t if your condition isn't stable if they are sure it will only get worse (such as degenerative disorders like ALS for example).