IPEB Appeal Questions, MDD, Found Fit

My IPEB came back 2 weeks after being submitted (returned this past Monday, 9/24/18) found fit for full duty. I meet with the lawyer on Monday (10/1/18) but I am very nervous and this entire situation has caused me to spiral a bit out of control with my symptoms. I am just looking for some advice to build a case, timeline expectations, and overall thoughts on the case. I was diagnose with MDD (recurring) with anxious components. Mentioned several times in the board results is "member is not suitable for continued service" and "return to service will cause degradation of mental health". The board only seems to look at two clinic notes, one from March and one from May. The board claims I have had both "medication with good results" and "worsening symptoms". I am on my 5th medication, without much success. My NMA reinforces that I am no longer able to work in my rate, I miss 15 hours a week for therapy, and I have no desire to return. The board specifically highlighted 3 things in their "FIT" decision: 1) "lack of motivation for work. . ." FIT 2) Clinic note 23 JUL 18 "Have not seen patient since 5/21/18" FIT 3)"...intends to begin classes for masters degree in systems engineering..." FIT
My planned rebuttal this far looks like this: 1)My lack of motivation stems from depressive mood symptoms. The board claims I have motivation at home, which is only true rarely, and can be eveidenced by the absurd weight gain I have gone through. 2)This is no way true. I have several different forms of verification that I not only saw that specific therapist twice between those dates, but also attended 21 appointments between those dates. 3)My intention was to begin masters classes but I decided against it due to my current mood and symptoms.

What evidence should I gather? I feel like the board didn't actually review my paperwork. Do I have a chance to have this overturned or am I pretty much SOL? I am beyond stressed, depressed and anxious right now and I just need some advice. TY

I just wanted to add a question to this. Is it ok to get my mental health records printed out and highlight portions for the lawyer that are obviously contradictory to what the board says?

I would let my attorney write my rebuttal. I hope your meeting with hi/her on Monday goes well. Best wishes. Mike

The more prepared you are for your attorney, the better your attorney will do with your case. Absolutely print out the records with your concerns and highlight them. Your attorney has a finite time that they can spend on your case, anything you do that saves them time allows them to better represent you.

I also recommend making a summary of your concerns on one page in outline format with references to the documents that support your point of view.

I met with my attorney the day prior for a couple of hours and then we spent about 4 hours the day of the hearing. I thought he represented me well.

My last recommendation is to talk to your attorney on the phone and find out how they would like your information prepared and any additional information you need to get before you meet with them.

Try to focus your therapy sessions on your mental health only! unless you have something very traumatic going on that's bothering you and you want to discuss it with your MH team. Just standard chit-chatting is not good you had very little reason to tell them you are planning on enrolling in a masters degree program while facing a med board?