IPEB outcome

robert_ma03

PEB Forum Regular Member
I’m AD Navy and I have an informal PEB being processed, for chronic PTSD and major depression. My question is how long on average does it take to receive an answer back from the board (DES Pilot)? What is the average outcome (% wise) for these two types of diagnoses? Also as far as the IPEB process goes what is after the adjudication process, I think it goes to quality assurance first then adjudication, but then where would it go after adjudication?

P.S. please tell me something besides it depends on the severity of the disorder.

Robert,

Welcome! I am guessing by your last sentence that you know that this is actually the case. The criteria for rating mental health disorders goes from 0-100%. So, it depends on the severity. However, past that, knowing the average does nothing to help you, because the IPEB is looking at your case, not the average case. All that said, if you are found unfit for PTSD, the minimum rating is 50% for a period of not less than 6 months (which equates to a TDRL finding). This does not mean that you cannot be found permanently retired or placed on TDRL at an equal or higher rating. The minimum is just that, a minimum.

Your other questions as to process will take some more time to answer. I will try to post a follow up tomorrow or on the weekend. Please bump this post if you don't see a reply by then.

I hope all goes well for you.