IPEB Timeline

jt987

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
1 April 22- Code 37
4 April - CC Impact Statement (Do not retain)
??- NARSUM submitted (took about 4 months to complete)
12 Sep - Full MEB/PEBLO brief
21-29 Sep- VA exams
4 Oct- Exams in TOL
18 Oct- PEBLO updated that local MEB team will be convening soon
25 Oct- signed 618/ UNFIT (PEBLO said VA in backlogged to give about 1.5mo to 2 for proposed rating to come back)
28 Oct- AFPC Pckg Rec'vd email

1 April 22- Code 37
4 April - CC Impact Statement (Do not retain)
??- NARSUM submitted (took about 4 months to complete)
12 Sep - Full MEB/PEBLO brief
21-29 Sep- VA exams
4 Oct- Exams in TOL
18 Oct- PEBLO updated that local MEB team will be convening soon
25 Oct- signed 618/ UNFIT (PEBLO said VA in backlogged to give about 1.5mo to 2 for proposed rating to come back)
28 Oct- AFPC Pckg Rec'vd email
Update: NARSUM was completed 24 Aug

I'm on a similar timeline as you. package went to AFPC on the 26th of Oct. I called VERA yesterday and they said I could expect to get my proposed rating at the end of this month. as my package has been with them since the end of September. They said right now the average claim for the Air Force in IDES is taking about 2 months from submission from the MSC to the VA for rating.

I'm on a similar timeline as you. package went to AFPC on the 26th of Oct. I called VERA yesterday and they said I could expect to get my proposed rating at the end of this month. as my package has been with them since the end of September. They said right now the average claim for the Air Force in IDES is taking about 2 months from submission from the MSC to the VA for rating.
Nice, I hope you get the rating/outcome you want! This is definitely a test of patience waiting to hear back.

Is VERA the same as our MSC? My PEBLO hasn’t mentioned and the MSC is hard to get ahold of for updates.

Nice, I hope you get the rating/outcome you want! This is definitely a test of patience waiting to hear back.

Is VERA the same as our MSC? My PEBLO hasn’t mentioned and the MSC is hard to get ahold of for updates.
VERA is similar, they are able to give more in depth info than the va hotline. But they are not the same as the MSC. if you google va vera you can set up an apt with them and they can give you information on your case.

does any one know how I can find out were the heck I'm at in my IPEB/DES process.....they received my packet back in the beggining of June and here it is 6 months later and not a peep...this is absolutely BS....

this is what I received from MyPers

Subject​

PEB Case: JACKSON

Response​

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (06/07/2022 08:07 AM)
"MSG JACKSON,

The Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) sent your Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) package to the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch. The Physical Disability Operations team is reviewing your package to ensure the documentation is current and complete. Incomplete MEB packages are returned to your base PEBLO for correction as it is vital the information is accurate and current in order for the Informal Physical Evaluation Board (IPEB) to make a determination. Once it is verified your package is complete, Physical Disability Operations will transfer your completed package into a Disability Evaluation System (DES) case file for review by the IPEB.

Here are some key things to remember:

The PEBLO at your base MTF is your primary point of contact throughout the DES process.

It is your responsibility to contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center at your base to schedule pre-separation counseling at the earliest possible date following your entry into the Disability Evaluation System.

You have the right to Office of Disability Counsel (ODC) legal representation at no expense. The OAC may be contacted at DSN 665-0739 or (210) 565-0739 or Toll Free 1-855-632-5247 or [email protected]. In lieu of OAC representation, you may elect to seek counsel from a non-Air Force affiliated attorney at your own expense.

For additional information about the Air Force Disability Evaluation System, please review this article in MyPershttps://myPers.af.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/13006 or on the AFPC website."
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (06/06/2022 12:43 PM)
CMS AMY TUREK,

This is a confirmation e-mail to notify you that your submission regarding Reference # 220606-004380 has been delivered to the PEB Office.

does any one know how I can find out were the heck I'm at in my IPEB/DES process.....they received my packet back in the beggining of June and here it is 6 months later and not a peep...this is absolutely BS....
Try reaching out to your PEBLO, MSC, or VERA as coffeybean mentioned. I hope you can get an answer finally before the holidays slow things even more.

Did you get any updates? I am on a similar timeline and am still waiting for the VA to provide my ratings

Did you get any updates? I am on a similar timeline and am still waiting for the VA to provide my ratings
Reached my PEBLO last Wednesday and still no update so far on whether they’ve sent my package over to VA for ratings. I have a scheduled appt with VERA on the 25th to see if I can find anything out, once I know more I’ll definitely update.

So I spoke with VERA and they said my claim is now in the Ready for Decision phase meaning I should be hearing something soon on ratings no exact date for when.

Has there been any update on your case? If not maybe give them a call for a better update.

So I spoke with VERA and they said my claim is now in the Ready for Decision phase meaning I should be hearing something soon on ratings no exact date for when.

Has there been any update on your case? If not maybe give them a call for a better update.
Hope you hear something from them soon. I just get told by my PEBLO and MSC that still waiting on the VA for my ratings.

Hope you hear something from them soon. I just get told by my PEBLO and MSC that still waiting on the VA for my ratings.
Hopefully we get ratings around the same time if we have similar timelines. Do you mind me asking how many claims you filed? I only put in for 7 right now.

Hopefully we get ratings around the same time if we have similar timelines. Do you mind me asking how many claims you filed? I only put in for 7 right now.
Our timelines are about a week apart, so hopefully. I put in for 8 claims

I had already a 100% P&T with VA, the while in the guard received a do not retain because of disability

I had already a 100% P&T with VA, the while in the guard received a do not retain because of disability
When were you rated as P&T? Was it prior to this IDES? I was rated 100% 3 years ago, and ended up getting returned to duty through the Formal PEB, so those rating where never finalized. Nervous that the VA won’t rate me the same this time as they did 3 years ago. The C&P notes for one of my conditions reads the exact opposite than it did 3 years ago.

When were you rated as P&T? Was it prior to this IDES? I was rated 100% 3 years ago, and ended up getting returned to duty through the Formal PEB, so those rating where never finalized. Nervous that the VA won’t rate me the same this time as they did 3 years ago. The C&P notes for one of my conditions reads the exact opposite than it did 3 years ago.
I was rated 100% P&T MAR 2021 well before my MEB started. you dont want to do the LDES whatever you do.....they will skrew you over on that one, its worth doing the C&P over again with IDES because DoD is bound to whatever VA claims your disabled at. If you do LDES, DoD can make up whatever percentage they want and you have no say.

Also if you are rated as 100% P&T and have had it for 5 years....there is no more evals or C&P...its permanent....from the web..The five-year rule states that the VA can't reduce a veteran's disability that's been in place for five years, unless the condition improved overtime on a sustained basis. The veteran will likely need to present medical evidence to prove the material improvement of their condition.

Also if you are rated as 100% P&T and have had it for 5 years....there is no more evals or C&P...it’s permanent....from the web..The five-year rule states that the VA can't reduce a veteran's disability that's been in place for five years, unless the condition improved overtime on a sustained basis. The veteran will likely need to present medical evidence to prove the material improvement of their condition.
I was rated 100% P&T MAR 2021 well before my MEB started. you dont want to do the LDES whatever you do.....they will skrew you over on that one, its worth doing the C&P over again with IDES because DoD is bound to whatever VA claims your disabled at. If you do LDES, DoD can make up whatever percentage they want and you have no say.
I had an open VA claim when I started Ides in the army guard back in march 2022. Caused a couple delays lol. That open claim closed in Aug 2022. 100% P&T. Then the MEB gutted my profile, said that all of my conditions were fit except one and referred me to the PEB in early Sept 2022. I’m still waiting on my VA Ides claim as of today. You think it would be quicker seeing as my other claim closed a couple months ago. I got some real #@$& on my MEB. LDES would have been worse. Probably the same people

Your PEBLO can look up to see if your claim has a rater or not. I was told I'm ready for decision by the VA. My PEBLO said my case doesn't even have rater yet. My case got to the VA 27 Oct. Very frustrating to hear my case has gotten no were.