Is a pre-hearing review good, bad, or neutral?

Vet2040

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, I'm TDIU P&T for PTSD. Applied for SSDI and was denied because my VA records don't go far back enough to cover my insured period. I asked for reconsideration while specifically saying to check my service medical records, and was denied (I doubt social security obtained those records). I appealed once again to an ALJ but this time I did the legwork and obtained my service medical records showing my service connection and took it to the local social security office, where the worker faxed the 60 pages over to whomever.

Prior to faxing this, my case was referred to pre-hearing review. A cursory google search says they will only do this if circumstances call for it, such as there being new evidence. I made it clear in my appeal that I was not opposing their original ruling on the surface, rather submitting additional evidence to satisfy the reason I was ineligible for benefits. Was merely mentioning the idea of new evidence sufficient to trigger the review, and if so does that bode well, or is it inconsequential? Thank you.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm confused have you retained legal counsel? Did you ever get a medical decision made? They will not move forward to any medical review if you do not have enough work credits. Might be a good idea to retain counsel if possible.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm confused also. Are you TDIU or P&T? As for the paperwork changes, yes it would require a review.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">