Is It Possible?

jjski78

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I know we can't sue our military "doctors" or the DOD, but since suckcare south is administered by Humana, a civilian company, are we in our legal rights to sue the living crap out of them for denying procedures? Reason I ask is they are dragging their feet in approving my spinal fusion revision, which I need done so my MEB can start. If they deny it I'm gonna find the biggest slimeball lawyer I can find to sue the crap out of them. If it's legal.

Not sure I know all of the issues and facts, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Seems to me that there may be a requirement or issues with exhausting appeal procedures (perhaps as a matter or administrative law or maybe its written into their regulations which could be incorporated into the insurance contract). Next issue would be what that contract says. Strikes me that it is essentially a contract matter (sounds like you are a third party beneficiary of a contract between Humana and the military). So, you may have some sort of claim for breach of contract.

I have never dealt with this issue and while it makes for some interesting questions, you should get qualified legal advice from someone who practices in this area of law (though, I think it may be an uphill battle trying to find someone who fits the bill- not a common practice area).

Of course, if you run out of ideas, you can always Call Saul!

Wow, looks like Saul definitely fits the bill as biggest slimeball lawyer. I wonder what lawyer they based the character off of.