Is something wrong with the pdbr

Spike0311

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey i wrote the other day to ask about my status and they havent wrote back which was odd...have any of you had that problem yet....last thing i heard was they were waiting on the VA and that was in March/april timeframe

Submitted my package in august of 2017

Crewjohn

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It's not odd. This process is extremely frustrating and unhelpful. People have gotten used to it, but it still doesn't change the fact.

I submitted around the same time as you.

I emailed this address and received a response in two days:

[email protected]

Spike0311

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thats the email i used....ive had good communication with them up until a week ago...i think its odd that they didn't write back......just hope for the best ....wish you luck as well

visserjr3

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
One thing to remember, and I noticed seems to impact the email responses, is timing. I try and remember there are people with lives and vacations at the PDBR, and they likely get backlogged pretty heavily around holidays and peak vacation seasons. In the last two years I have received responses in as short as hours, and as long as two weeks. I know it is hard, and less than ideal. Hang in there.

visserjr3

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey i wrote the other day to ask about my status and they havent wrote back which was odd...have any of you had that problem yet....last thing i heard was they were waiting on the VA and that was in March/april timeframe

Submitted my package in august of 2017
Also, I know that they had informed several of us about the backlog in obtaining medical records. Sometime in February-March, the employees were trained in an electronic file access system designed to expedite the process. I personally was in records collection from July 17 until February or March of this year.

ET3_PDBR

Registered Member
Here's my question for you guys, and hoping one of you can answer.

Those of you that enjoyed a long wait for a reply to their status request, did you eventually receive a response? Did you email again? Are there people that have received responses in the past month?

They've been radio silent on me for almost three months now. I sent a single status request in late May as well, caught this thread, and saw I wasn't the only one. I waited and didn't think more of it, but it crossed my mind tonight.

Crewjohn

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Here's my question for you guys, and hoping one of you can answer.

Those of you that enjoyed a long wait for a reply to their status request, did you eventually receive a response? Did you email again? Are there people that have received responses in the past month?

They've been radio silent on me for almost three months now. I sent a single status request in late May as well, caught this thread, and saw I wasn't the only one. I waited and didn't think more of it, but it crossed my mind tonight.
To answer the question, 'Is something wrong with the PDBR?'

Yes, very much so.

It's simply another veteran program designed to look like the politicians are trying to help; but really it's an agonizing labyrinth we don't understand with the final outcome being that very few vets get rated properly and retired.

Did I receive a response in the past month?

Yes, I finally emailed them and was sent my results. Turns out they decided back in December 2018, but neglected to tell me.

I was denied. Multiple screws in my right leg and forced out by them. But hey, they think I'm fine.

I wish I could give you a good answer, but I don't have one. This is another designed program; and the design is not for us.

I do wish you the best with all of this.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The PDBR is a process that military service organizations ought to take on for modernization. The VA has become much faster with a little pressure. It is time for VSOs to direct that same power on PDBR.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">