Is there a time limit for applying for CRSC?

soldieradvocate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Still gathering medical records and want to be selective so only medical reports that support a combat related injury are sent. Just want to make sure I don't miss the window in which I can submit this claim. How long do you have to submit a CRSC claim following medical separtation from Army?

Still gathering medical records and want to be selective so only medical reports that support a combat related injury are sent. Just want to make sure I don't miss the window in which I can submit this claim. How long do you have to submit a CRSC claim following medical separation from Army?
I have never read of a CRSC application expiration date; I do not think there is one.

There is a six-year barring rule for retroactive payment however.

2017:
Here is how the Army explains the six year retro limitation:

"There is a Six Year Statute of Limitations: CRSC is subject to the 6-year statute of limitations, 31 U.S.C., Section 3702(b). In order to receive the full retroactive CRSC entitlement, you must file your CRSC claim within 6 years of the date of any VA rating decision that could potentially make you eligible for CRSC or the date you become entitled to retired pay, whichever is more recent. If you file your claim more than 6 years after initial eligibility, you will be restricted to 6 years of any retroactive entitlement."

Ron

I have never read of a CRSC application expiration date; I do not think there is one.

There is a six-year barring rule for retroactive payment however.

2017:
Here is how the Army explains the six year retro limitation:

"There is a Six Year Statute of Limitations: CRSC is subject to the 6-year statute of limitations, 31 U.S.C., Section 3702(b). In order to receive the full retroactive CRSC entitlement, you must file your CRSC claim within 6 years of the date of any VA rating decision that could potentially make you eligible for CRSC or the date you become entitled to retired pay, whichever is more recent. If you file your claim more than 6 years after initial eligibility, you will be restricted to 6 years of any retroactive entitlement."

Ron
Do you get a CnP exam for CRSC?

Do you get a CnP exam for CRSC?
No...it is purely administrative.

The important documentation for applications includes the VA award letter and the documents attached to it.

Ron

Thanks to all of you for your help. I just submitted the packet after speaking with DAV counselor. Fingers crossed.