Issues after receiving PEB Percentages

Grizz

Registered Member
Hi,

So a quick and dirty version of everything:

I received my findings at the end of Dec. I was given Permanent Disability Retirement, as well as 80% VA. I began working on my transition requirements (TRS, Checking out, Job Search etc.). I was also contacting MMSR-4 nearly every day since concurring with my findings and the PEBLO sending it off. I was told that I would speak with MMSR-4 to select a date that best suited me with my transition out (Terminal, PTAD). After continuously being told they havent received the paperwork yet, which is understandable as I know it takes time for them to come in. I looked at my MOL one morning as usual and noticed they had already set the new EAS date. This was posted on January 7th, for a new EAS of Feb 27th. After contacting MMSR-4 again, the civilian on the phone told me there was nothing they could do, that I needed to begin checking out. I let him know that my TRS date wasn't until Feb 4th and he remarked that I should have already done that. I told him that I wasn't even aware that I would be getting out until this point. That if the board came back deeming me fit for duty, my plan was to just re-enlist and carry on. He said "You should have known you were getting out, anyone who goes on a PEB board gets retired. There is only a 7% chance that you get returned fit for duty." Which obviously makes zero sense. How was I to know that? How did I know I wouldn't be part of that 7% even if I did know that? It was a poor response for sure. Now having a bit over a month to full check out, find a job, and do all required paperwork and classes for retirement. I'm left with my "Final physical" being done, as the medical team here has said I have to do for checking out. Which is odd to me considering I am getting retired for medical issues. The latest date I have been able to schedule in regards to the final physical is Feb 24th. The final physical is a requirement for my CO interview. Our IPAC can process me until all of that is done. Now with all of this in mind. I have 50 days of leave on the books, which means I am most likely going to have to sell it, losing out on quite a big chunk of money, as well as my 20 days of "House Hunting/Job Hunting" PTAD. I am completely lost, cant seem to get help from anyone in my command, nor the medical teams at the location my board was issued. None of the bodies that work these issues daily seem to have direction on what should be done, and I'm left fending for myself. I haven't been to work since I started all of this, due to just trying to get things in order. Does anyone have any insight on what to do?

Wasn't as quick as I was hoping. But I am in full on panic mode now, considering I have a family to also support.

TLDR; Percentages came back, EAS Set by HQMC without notice of 30 days out, no time to do transition requirements.

Wanted to add the list of personnel I have spoken to:

My VA rep - Not returning my emails, I'm trying to get more of my paperwork added to adjust my VA Percentage
MMSR-4 - No one there seems to have direction on where to go and what to do.
Medical team at command - Being told two different things from two different groups (No need for final physical as you did it with VA, Final physical needs to be done)
Wounded warrior at PEB Hospital - No need for physical due to board, unsure of what else to do about new EAS and such.
My command - Saying I am OFP because I havent been at work place due to "attempting" to take care of all the issues I just got dumped on me.
My Senior Enlisted on the team is really the only one who is making a very large attempt to help me. My OIC is a dirtbag who tried to look for charges against me for "manipulating the medical system" He has openly made derogatory remarks about me going to my mental health appointments. And now is talking about me in front of our team during team syncs that I am a POS and such.

Sorry for your troubles and I hope it all works out. I assume you are active duty yet not sure of service. An active duty base should have a transition assistance section and if not you could contact IG for help. I am no help yet best of luck. Ron P