JAG Lawyer vs Civilian Lawyer

Xavier123

Registered Member
Good Morning,

I just received my Formal board notification this morning, and I am debating whether to hire a lawyer or utilize the free JAG lawyer. I am looking to add one of my fit conditions to the unfit condition list during this process. I also will be requesting a VARR due to the VA rating my shoulder and not my MEB referred muscle injury. Can anyone provide contact information for Civilian Lawyers for me, please?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I might add you do not need a lawyer to file for a VARR. Talk to your PEBLO about filing a VARR.

You may need a lawyer to get a condition ruled as fit changed to unfit. Check your service guidance on fit and unfit conditions in the resources section of this website.

Xavier123

Registered Member
I might add you do not need a lawyer to file for a VARR. Talk to your PEBLO about filing a VARR.

You may need a lawyer to get a condition ruled as fit changed to unfit. Check your service guidance on fit and unfit conditions in the resources section of this website.
I understand that I do not need a lawyer for the VARR, but I feel that the VA used the incorrect code to rate my unfit condition, I was sent to the MEB for a ruptured PEC Major and was rated under a shoulder injury and ROM instead of the dominant arm moderately severe rating. The fact I only get one VARR is also why I want to be prepped prior to submitting the request. Thank you in advance as well.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I took it that the Original Poster was asking the VA to rate his contention, which was not rated.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">