PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
21 Oct- First P3 initiated
30 Oct- Initial meeting with PEBLO
1-4 Nov- Various briefs
5 Nov- Met with VA and filed additional claims
18 Nov- Second P3 initiated
18-22 Nov- C&P exams completed
17 Dec- MEB completes, met with PEBLO and received a copy of my records and was told I was found unfit for two of my claimed conditions. Received my NARSUM and sent to legal to review it.
19 Dec- Met with legal, received an estimation of percentages.
20 Dec- Signed NARSUM
20 Dec- VA.gov reflects a new claim opened and closed on the same day. My original claim is still in the “evidence gathering and decision” status.

I thought the fit/unfit descision happened now during the informal PEB stage?

The fit/unfit determination is made by the IPEB. My PEBLO never told me I was unfit. I found out unfit and percentages on the same day.

1-4 Nov- Various briefs
17 Dec- MEB completes, met with PEBLO and received a copy of my records and was told I was found unfit for two of my claimed conditions. Received my NARSUM and sent to legal to review it.
20 Dec- Signed NARSUM
20 Dec- VA.gov reflects a new claim opened and closed on the same day. My original claim is still in the “evidence gathering and decision” status.

Any updates on your case?
My timeline is same as yours and I saw change on my date on 09 Jan2019. I think its IPEB sending my case to Va for rating.
I signed my NARSUM on 26 DEC 2019.

My VA.gov hasn’t updated since 19 Dec. It’s hard not to feel discouraged about that lol. I’m sitting at 3 weeks since I signed my NARSUM.

My VA.gov hasn’t updated since 19 Dec. It’s hard not to feel discouraged about that lol. I’m sitting at 3 weeks since I signed my NARSUM.

My Va.gov updated on Jan 09. Its still at evidence gathering phase though.
How accurate are the lawyers about the calculations? Did they tell you about the possible VA rating?

I’m not sure how accurate the lawyers are, I was estimated pretty high so hopefully he was just blowing smoke. My narsum has me down for 2 unfitting conditions so I’m not sure how that will affect my timeline. Just getting frustrated but I’m still only 70ish days deep in this.

I’m at 130+ days. I’ve been waiting for the VA to send my proposed rating to the PEB for 5 weeks. The IPEB took 35 days to find me unfit. The VA has taken over 35 days to get my 11 conditions rated. Talk about frustrated!

It’s hard not to get absorbed in the waiting game, especially when your unit still wants you do everything you did before and then some. Everyone keeps asking me when I’m getting out and what my ratings are. I’m seriously considering burning my 50+ leave days now and then when I finally get my ratings I can just clear installation and be done.

yeah I know what you mean. I wish there was some way to hold the PEB and VA accountable for busting their goal times.

Everything was moving pretty quick and now I’m 25 days waiting for IPEB to decide. I talked to one guy who finishes this portion in a week. Only reason he’s still in my unit is because he keeps filing appeals to stay in.

Mine too 35 days at the IPEB. If you’re Army, they’ve consolidated all cases to the San Antonio PEB. They’ve also not brought on any additional staff so they’re about 3 weeks behind. This is what I’m getting from my PEBLO and MEB lawyer.

Damn so I’m looking at another week. I haven’t talked to my PEBLO since I signed my NARSUM on the 20th. I’ve just been trying to be patient.

My PEBLO has been dodging me since the year started. I’ve emailed her three times asking for an update and she’s ignored all 3.

What is goin on with PEB and VA?
I signed my Narsum on 23 DEC 2019.
My Peblo says my case is still at IPEB and hasn't been sent to VA for ratings yet. Almost at 30 days at IPEB now. Im frustrated.

I am at 4 weeks and I feel your pain. Someone I know just got her ratings in today after 8 weeks of waiting. I honestly thought I’d be starting to clear around now and now I’m not sure wtf to do.

I cant speak for the IPEB as mine was done in three days, but I am at 110 days waiting on the VA to finish my ratings. So its a long and annoying process. I expected to be out by January...now who knows when I will be getting out. Also I am on the East Coast and I know that the PEBs should be going through Sam Houston now which might be slowing the process down.

I am at 17 days for IPEB to review MEB findings which to me is crazy. I have one unfitting condition from MEB that is already service connected from the VA with an LOD. Hopefully the VA is working on my ratings parallel to IPEB.

Found out that my case was forwarded to VA for ratings on 23rd Jan.
So it took exactly 30 days for IPEB to send my case to VA.
Hopefully I will get my ratings soon.

1-4 Nov- Various briefs
20 Dec- Signed NARSUM

Have you got your ratings yet?

Have you got your ratings yet?
Not yet, contacted my PEBLO two days ago and he said my name was coming up (don’t know what that means) and it should be any day now. I’m at 6 weeks Friday since I signed.