JUST GOT NEW RESULTS (COMPARTMENT SYNDROME)

I just recieved the results from the IPEB board that they found me unfit and separation with severence pay 20% after I sent a rebuttal statementdisputing the first findings of fit for duty. I have some questions for Jason: should i appeal this to try and get 30% because no nerve test were done and no second opinion from an outside doctor was done. also is there a way to add new info to my VA claim that I didnt have when my claim went out? how long do I have to separate? what does severence for a 14 year E6 in the Navy look like?
below is my earlier post
thanks to all

Re: I was just referred to PEB by my ortho surgeon for compartment syndrome

right now i can do my job on shore duty but would be unfit on a ship as i cannot run and lifting anything over ten pounds for extended period of time is difficult. i have great pain climbing stairs and ladderwells so I would be useless on a navy ship and thats what my doc based his narsum on that as a whole i can't do my job because shore duty and sea duty is considered and also if you can deploy which i cannot. i was doing research online and found a vet that got 20% for one leg after doing the surgery. and my doctor stated that the surgery failed and that it was no further treatment for me. i should have did one leg at a time like the docs wanted me to but i did them both at the same time.​

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I see no downside in demanding a formal PEB.

You can submit another "rebuttal" (in Navy terms it is a "re-reconsideration," ) or just present your additional evidence and argument at the FPEB.

VAJumper

PEB Forum Veteran
You'd have little to lose by appealing. If you Google military severance pay calculation, you can find your answer on the amount. If you have .mil access you can access the severance calculator CALCULATORS

haz

PEB Forum Regular Member
I see no downside in demanding a formal PEB.

You can submit another "rebuttal" (in Navy terms it is a "re-reconsideration," ) or just present your additional evidence and argument at the FPEB.

the thing is they rated me for my ankles but not for my calves and shins which were the reason i was med boarded and the main cause of pain. the ankles were secondary caused by the condition in the calves and shins. they rated my calves under rating code 8599-8520. also the va did not include the fact that i have apnea and use a cpap which was included in my claim to them. is this normal? i feel like they tried to lowball me.

uafan4life

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
For the amount for the severance for an E-6 with 14 years is basic pay x 2 x years of service. I have figured mine out just in case I do not get 30% and I am a E-6 with 13 years. It will be $86,736.00 before taxes so that should give you a ballpark estimate. After a little research myself, DFAS will tax your severance but if you have a VA rated disability you can get that tax money back.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">