Just starting the Med Board Process

diaste22

Registered Member
So here's my story. I have been in the CG for 12.5 yrs. In 2007 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I was put on Asacol and it worked great. After about 2 yrs. I started having problems, frequent flare ups i would get put on steroids and then as soon as i was done with the taper I would flare again. My docters kept upping my dosage of Asacol resulting in me getting worse. One day i got so frustrated with all the meds and problems i stopped taking the Asacol. After 4 days I was fine. I went to my doctor and he determined that i was Allergic to the medication. Amdist all of it I transfered and my new gastro was the one that made the determination that I had an allergy to the Asacol. He then put me on 6-mp. For the next 1 1/2 i kept having problems while they were trlying to get the dosing right. Finally, now after 3 yrs I am the best i've been I still get an upset stomach dependent on what I eat but I've been off steroids for 2 months which is the longest i've gone in 2 yrs with no problems. Now after all this about 3 weeks ago I found out I am getting a Medboard. I am in the preliminary stages I met with the CG doctor and had my physical.

What am i supposed to do now?

I have asked many questions that I have yet to have answered.

Am going to get to stay in, according to the CG Med manual It's not disqualifying as long as it's contolled with Medication.

Should i start looking for another job?

What can expect seperation, medical retirement?

Seeing as how I had no intention of getting out and planned on doing 20+ yrs. Will they Retire me early and give me the benefits that i feel i deserve?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

On another note I've never missed a day of work for this, lost quals or anything of the sort. And now i'm told i'm not fit for sea duty and am stuck behind a desk while my cutter goes out on patrol.

thanks