Just Starting this whole MEB thing

So here is the deal. I'm starting a MEB for PTSD, bilateral Hip problems, Disk herniation, and degenerative disk disease. I have a few other things that are in there as well but those are the bigger ones. I'm just trying to find out if anyone here has every gone through a MEB here at Fort Gordon, GA? I'm kinda worried what is to come. I really don't want to get ran through this whole process and be out before I can get stuff lined up for myself. I always planned to be in for 20 or whatever and now I'm almost 10 years through and getting pushed out. I'm very close to finishing a degree and I want to get it done before I'm out. I guess I just scared of the unknown. What ever answers or advice I can get will be much appreciated.

learn all you can about range of motion and what the VASRD says about range of motion and percentages. No matter how bad your (back/hip) is or how much you've done (chiro/physical therapy/acupuncture,injections, etc....). All that will matter at the end of the day is your RANGE OF MOTION during your VA exam. Educate yourself. As far as the PTSD goes, continue to make every single appointment. DO NOT MISS IF POSSIBLE. Do not hold back, be honest with yourself and your BH provider about everything and how it is effecting you and your life, the time for sucking it up and driving on is over. Ensure everything is documented and any ache or pain get it documented in you med records again, again and again. Good luck!

learn all you can about range of motion and what the VASRD says about range of motion and percentages. No matter how bad your (back/hip) is or how much you've done (chiro/physical therapy/acupuncture,injections, etc....). All that will matter at the end of the day is your RANGE OF MOTION during your VA exam. Educate yourself. As far as the PTSD goes, continue to make every single appointment. DO NOT MISS IF POSSIBLE. Do not hold back, be honest with yourself and your BH provider about everything and how it is effecting you and your life, the time for sucking it up and driving on is over. Ensure everything is documented and any ache or pain get it documented in you med records again, again and again. Good luck![/Q
learn all you can about range of motion and what the VASRD says about range of motion and percentages. No matter how bad your (back/hip) is or how much you've done (chiro/physical therapy/acupuncture,injections, etc....). All that will matter at the end of the day is your RANGE OF MOTION during your VA exam. Educate yourself. As far as the PTSD goes, continue to make every single appointment. DO NOT MISS IF POSSIBLE. Do not hold back, be honest with yourself and your BH provider about everything and how it is effecting you and your life, the time for sucking it up and driving on is over. Ensure everything is documented and any ache or pain get it documented in you med records again, again and again. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the info. Yea I found out the time for holding back is long over now. It has ruined my marriage and now I live 4 hours from my wife and kids. I have been hiding stuff for years trying to get into PA school and other programs but once everything got denied and stuff started to fall apart they started this MEB. I will check-out all of the Range of Motion stuff.

You have about 6 months to go on average if you don't have to appeal. If you have enough leave plan on 6 months +2 months transition leave. 8-9 months total. Be sure to get MRI's of both hips and especially your back. As stated previously loss of ROM is what they base % off not level of pain. Also be sure when you arrive for your C&P examinations, don't take pain killers prior, because they need to see you on your bad days. Be honest with those folks, last thing they want to deal with is people over acting. Remember they are the ones writing your NARSUM. Check out the link www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com learn as much as you can so you get a good idea of what your ratings should look like. Good Luck.

The above advice is good. In addition, be honest with your chain of command and keep them informed. Make sure your Commander's letter is specific and thorough as to your limitations in performing your duties. If you have not already done so, start keeping a journal to record your pain and what activities you can and can't do.