Just starting.... Timeline Fort Campbell

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all... Here is a timeline of what has happened thus far (not much). Condition for MEB referral - Life-long anticoagulation.

Feb 15 2019 - Referred to MEB
March 4 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
April 5 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
May 8 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
June 8 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
June 9 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
June 14 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
June 21 2019 - Called to schedule initial MEB appointment for 8 July
July 8 2019 - MEB provider called out sick - moved to the back of the line... new INITIAL MEB PROVIDER appointment - 30 July 2019

I knew this process was going to be long, however, I didn't realize with would take this long to just START the process.

that's crazy...it shouldn't have taken that long...4-8months at the most from start to finsish. you are definitely a unique case....sorry

that's crazy...it shouldn't have taken that long...4-8months at the most from start to finsish. you are definitely a unique case....sorry
Now that I’ve started the process, it’s moving pretty quickly. First VA exam on Monday and the last on 8/21. I should have my dictation meeting scheduled early the next week and narsum ready before the 4 day.

Timeline Update!

Feb 15 2019 - Referred to MEB
March 4 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
April 5 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
May 8 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
June 8 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
June 9 2019 - Missing IDES statement, PCM notified
June 14 2019 - PCM initiated new MEB
June 21 2019 - Called to schedule initial MEB appointment for 8 July
July 8 2019 - MEB provider called out sick - moved to the back of the line... new INITIAL MEB PROVIDER appointment - 30 July 2019
July 30 2019 - MEB provider consult
July 31 2019 - P3 initiated
August 1 2019 - PEBLO Meeting
August 5 2019 - MSC Meeting
August 5 2019 - VA C&P Exams Scheduled
August 12 2019 - MH VA C&P Exam

In regards to the MH VA C&P exam - it was done via telehealth (talked to a provider on a computer screen). It was quick and to the point. I have already seen the C&P exam notes and she was extremely fair. I did everything that my PEBLO said not to do - I smiled, I was open and I did not embellish.

I am currently printing out records for my General VA C&P Exam. I have claimed issues that I have brought up in the past with very little to no follow-up from my PCM. If I rolled my ankle, received treatment, but am still experiencing pain... Will the examiner ask why I haven't followed up?

possibly, but they'll still do xrays for it, since you claim pain...the VA examiner ultimately will then become the diagnoser for that condition, not your PCM. of course, if your xray shows no signs to why you are hurting, i'm not sure what will happen next...possibly CT or MRI?!

The general VA C&P Exam was done yesterday. The PA that did it was laid back. Asked me a bunch of questions about my family life, where I wanna go afterwards, my current job and about pastimes. He then asked me general questions about each condition and how they impact me day to day. Asked about pain, residual side effects and what makes it hurt “really bad.” Also asked me generally how each injury happened. He didn’t ask a ton of details because he had my AHLTA record pulled up while writing notes. Most of his templates were already filled out. He did ROM tests for my musculoskeletal injuries. He was fair. Never made it go past where it hurt. He didn’t do any tests regarding my chest pain or shortness of breath. I’m assuming he will just use what’s in the medical record. The PA said it will probably be next week when they call to schedule my dictation.

I saw my C&P Exams. It might be hard to establish 60% for code 6187 (Chronic Thromboembolism requiring anticoagulant therapy) because the second test was intermediate probability. I should at least get 30% due to residual symptoms of the pulmonary embolism (chest pain and shortness of breath). Since this is my referred condition, and if the PEB finds me unfit, I should be medically retired. Although I don't agree with some of the other ROM exams, I do not think I would fight it. The only thing I may fight is my painful scar. The VA examiner said there was no sufficient evidence to support this claim and I haven't been seen for it. I have been seen for it and it is in my AHLTA record. I would probably wait until I am out to fight it, because it wouldn't impact my medical retirement. I will continue to update.

I have my NARSUM appointment with the MEB provider in the morning.

Just about anyone can do their job in garrison while being on anticoagulants. My commander statement focusing on the deployability and field aspect of being on indefinite anticoagulation. It’s making me nervous that I will be found FIT and not be able to still be a Soldier.

Had my NARSUM appointment today. The provider placed 2 conditions on the referred conditions list. Anticoagulation and residual chest pain. He is also going to look to see if he can add my wrist to the conditions that are disqualifying. He is doing this since I am unable to have surgery due to being on anticoagulants. He also told me that he has not had anyone come back FIT for duty since the new memo came out about being nondeployable and still being in the Army. I will view the completed NARSUM later this week, take to legal, and then send it off to the IPEB. I was informed by my PEBLO that I should know the FIT/UNFIT decision by mid September.

I received a call from my PEBLO today. We scheduled a meeting to go over my NARSUM on Tuesday after the holiday. They added my wrist condition to the unfitting conditions. Our Soldier MEB counsel is backed up with cases. I will have to determine on Monday to go with the current NARSUM or to have an extension from legal. I was told that the legal back-up is 2-3 weeks. Unless I see something super egregious, I do not think I will be taking my packet to legal.

Signed the MEB packet today. Will receive FIT/UNFIT memo in 14 days or less. PEBLO says it’s a “slam dunk” UNFIT finding. The lawyers said probably UNFIT but they’ve seen stranger things happen.

It is impossible to plan your future during this process. Whether you are found FIT (PCS, leadership changes, etc) or UNFIT (jobs, schools, housing, etc) nothing can be done until the memo.

I think that is why I’ve been waiting anxiously for the memo for so long. I will be able to finally plan!

Hey everyone. I was given my UNFIT memo today. It was dated 9 Sep 19 so it took a while to get to me.

I was found UNFIT for indefinite anticoagulation with chest pain as well as tight wrist arthrosis and TFCC injury. The reason that was added to unfitting conditions is because I am unable to have surgery due to the anticoagulants.

I will continue to update. Let me know if any of y’all have any questions.

Congratulations, I’ve been following your thread since I’m right behind you and in Campbell as well. I signed my MEB packet today so hopefully it takes 2 weeks as well.

Congratulations, I’ve been following your thread since I’m right behind you and in Campbell as well. I signed my MEB packet today so hopefully it takes 2 weeks as well.
Awesome! It will probably take less time. My memo was dated 6 days after my MEB packet was sent. My PEBLO was on leave haha

Update - VA raters received my case on 9/19/19. Ebenefits now shows Preparation for Decision. I am guessing I should have my ratings back in about 4 weeks. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I don’t know. Mine were received on aug 30th and ebenefits hasn’t changed since before aug 6th. I don’t trust that site for process accuracy.

I don’t know. Mine were received on aug 30th and ebenefits hasn’t changed since before aug 6th. I don’t trust that site for process accuracy.
I was just trying to gauge the rating time frame. I know it’s up in the air. My PEBLO said 3-4 weeks to receive the 199 but it could also be 6-8 weeks.