Knee was scoped and found nothing....not good

chuckdog_5

Registered Member
i just hit my 4 year mark in the Marine Corps, im a E4 at the moment. About a year into my enlistment i hurt my knee doing martial arts, had problems ever since. About 6 months ago i got told i had a torn miniscus by two doctors after i asked for a second opinion because the first doctor said i had nothing wrong with me. They showed me where they think something should be wrong on my MRI. Well after my knee surgery, they found absolutely nothing wrong with my knee. Before the surgery i walked with a limp, regular activities were painful ie stairs, walking, jogging, jumping, etc. Now after the surgery i walk with more of a limp, it hurts all day long, and can barely, if at all, go up steps. Obviously im not fit for full duty and the doctor said next step would be admin seperation due to the fact they cant find the problem with my knee, i have 1 year left on my contract and want to make sure i dont get screwed. From what it sounds like im going to have a hard time getting money from the Va since they cant find whats wrong with my knee exactly....so suggestions would be appreciated.

If the first and second opinion conflict, why not go for a tie breaker (third opinion)?