LAS approval lately?

@Jason Perry I don't know what else I can do at this point to stall any longer, as I have my formal board in a few weeks. It seems like my case moved pretty fast. From the time it was initiated until now its been 1 year. Im hoping to get a return to duty, but if I don't what else can I do? I know I can do a VARR, and the appeal at SECAF, but then what? I don't know if that will get me to late next summer. I figure Id have to somehow get to next August or early Sep in order to safely hit my 20 year mark in Oct, but that seems pretty impossible.

If you're wanting to get to your retirement mark then I would appeal the formal board decision, with your proof, to the SECAF. My appeal took 13 months. After that I had my medical records to submit with my VARR proving the correct rating in comparison to what they wanted to rate me at. The VARR took 5 months. When I received the results back it stated that my retirement was approved.

If you're wanting to get to your retirement mark then I would appeal the formal board decision, with your proof, to the SECAF. My appeal took 13 months. After that I had my medical records to submit with my VARR proving the correct rating in comparison to what they wanted to rate me at. The VARR took 5 months. When I received the results back it stated that my retirement was approved.

Your SECAF appeal took 13 months? Or are you saying 13 months in total with everything including SECAF and VARR? Yea I should be rated 30% that's for sure.. I really gotta get this strategy up!!

My SECAF appeal took 13 months from the day it was submitted to the date I received their response. The VARR was another 5 months.

My SECAF appeal took 13 months from the day it was submitted to the date I received their response. The VARR was another 5 months.

Wow.. maybe that could be my route. That's about exactly the amount of time i need to make it to terminal leave!!

Now is the best time to get approved for LAS. The AF is trying to up the numbers, and there is a shortage of experience in the higher tiers. They are losing their experienced talent pretty quickly.

Oddly enough, I am being MEB'd for migraines. That is the only condition that I was rated for from the DoD side. The rest from the VA is all the other things I claimed. Basically I take Botox for my migraines and I was not able to deploy because of it.. atleast that is what I was told when I was tasked to deploy. Apparently they look at botox as a last ditch medication for treatment, but somehow failed to inform me that using it could cost me my career as far as not being able to deploy using it. I find it funny that they say I cant deploy etc and I need to be discharged from the military, but the VA saw that Im using Botox and other meds for break through headaches, but only felt my condition warranted a 10% rating.. makes no sense to me. I know folks who use very minimal meds but still got atleast 30% for that condition. This is another reason Im fighting it. I know several people using botox right now, but just havent been unlucky enough to be tasked to deploy. So do they plan on MEBing every person using Botox? IDK...
Just an insight b/c I have migraines, but haven't reached the Botox requirement. Botox is extremely expensive, and if you require multiple injections in multiple areas it's costing the AF big bucks. The average cost per treatment is around $825, but can get as expensive as $3000. The AF is not known to want to carry that cost hence anyone getting Botox for migraines is at risk for facing an MEB. I agree with you that your rating should be at least 30%. Good luck. I hope you get the correct rating!

Just wondering if anyone else has been approved for LAS lately?

My lawyers says he still hasn't seen another one since mine.

You guys all talk about lawyers, what kind of lawyer would you get for this?

I was referring to my Air Force lawyer at the legal office on Randolph. They process every LAS case that is approved.