I sent out my DD2656 on July 26th with certified and notification when it gets delivered. sent it to the address as per the packet instructions. I am still seeing a 2 August pending delivery status for the packet. So I have no idea if it has been delivered to DFAS. I read somewhere in the forums (cant find the link) where the address provided in the packet was wrong? Is this True? Is there a way to find out if they got the DD2656 or am I in limbo. @tinker2cute who did your husband contact at DFAS to check on status of finance. I really don't want to wait 3-6 months to find out my packet never got there.

I faxed mine in, and they received it 11 Aug 2018, was told 30 days or more depending on the audit to the VA. I would try to fax it if they still have not received it.

My husband spoke to the VA about his audit...yeah hit a giant toad block there. They are working on his CRDP (I think that’s the acronym)

Anyway, VA said it’s taking up to 6 months or longer on there part of the audit. ;( not sure if that will delay fort payment or back pay?

I have not gotten to the point where you are all at with yalls. I just received a letter last month that i was going to be retired since they upped my percentage but i seen this and i thought i better copy and save it because it seems like i was going to need it and i think its what you are talking abut with the address to DFAS.

Several people have posted issues with DFAS address. The address that is currently listed in the highly coveted "WHITE ENVELOPE" is in correct. Not sure why or how this HUGE oversight has not been correct by the powers that be...

Please do NOT mail anything to the KY address. It is no longer valid and has not been since early 2017

below is the correct DFAS address to send your packet too. I am also posting the prompts you need to actually speak to someone working on your packets. Right now there is a 30 to 45 day turn around. 30 days for pay to start up and 45 before first back pay check will be deposited. Some people have stated that theirs in being split up in multiple payments. I really hope this post helps anyone just getting their white envelopes and keeps you from a further wait!

DFAS US Military Retired Pay
8899 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200

DFAS # 1-888-332-7411
prompts 5-3-5-1
or you can also use
5-3-5-2

My husband spoke to the VA about his audit...yeah hit a giant toad block there. They are working on his CRDP (I think that’s the acronym)

Anyway, VA said it’s taking up to 6 months or longer on there part of the audit. ;( not sure if that will delay fort payment or back pay?

UGH, that is not good news. I am sorry that your husband has to wait that long.

Does anyone know how long it takes Army HRC to update your status to retired after the secretary approves the boards recommendation? I got my white envelope about 45 days ago. HRC website still says archived record

My husband’s updated about 2 weeks ago. Got his packet on June 8th. It was letter was dated May 5th.

Ok so Monday resent my dd2656 packet again to the correct address. Shows it arrived today to dFAS IN. I will wait till next week to contact dFAS and see where they are at in the process. Anyway hope it’s going well for everyone.

Spoke to DFAS Monday and was informed that my DD2656 is being processed and that if I don't have anything posted to my bank account by 12 Sept, I should give them a call. Will let you more on this and a timeline of that process if what he stated is accurate come the 12 Sept.

Just contacted DFAS this morning. they confirmed they had my second DD2656 packet. so now the wait for them to build me in the system and do the VA audit.

Do any of you all already receive va disability 100%. If so do you all think or know if the retirement is more per month or the va disability? Is there anyone on here that is not a 100% but is unemployable and get paid at 100% but their actual percentage is lower than 100%. Im asking because im 70% but i am unemployable so i get paid at 100%. I was in for 7 years got out in 2005. I have tried to use the retirement calculator but im not comfortable using it.

If you are inquiring about the waiver of retired pay while receiving VA, you must waive retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation. In other words, if you are receiving VA Comp due to IU (100%), you will waive/lose retired pay in the amount of VA comp received. The fact that you are 70%, but paid at 100% results in the waiver being at the dollar amount for that rate (100%).

If you still have retired pay left over, you get to keep that. However, if you receive CRSC, the residual retired pay reduces the CRSC.

Ron

If you are inquiring about the waiver of retired pay while receiving VA, you must waive retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation. In other words, if you are receiving VA Comp due to IU (100%), you will waive/lose retired pay in the amount of VA comp received. The fact that you are 70%, but paid at 100% results in the waiver being at the dollar amount for that rate (100%).

If you still have retired pay left over, you get to keep that. However, if you receive CRSC, the residual retired pay reduces the CRSC.

Ron

Thanks Got it

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day. I have a question about the DD215 does anyone else say to delete disability severance pay Line item 18. I was actually able to go online and print ff the 215. I was wondering if anyone else said this. Thanks

Hello everyone when you all get your DD2656 did they give you all a repreesentive to help with filling out the paperwork. Or were you guys on your own. Im asing because im not to fond of the Va Reps that they have in Statesboro GA. I have went to them before and i knew more than they did.

Hello everyone when you all get your DD2656 did they give you all a repreesentive to help with filling out the paperwork. Or were you guys on your own. Im asing because im not to fond of the Va Reps that they have in Statesboro GA. I have went to them before and i knew more than they did.

I did mine on my own.

Hello -

New to forum. New to this process. Feel like I have a long road ahead of me. After doing my best to catch up on a lot of these posts I feel like I will be well supported with information.

I served from JAN/01 - AUG/03 - I was medically discharged due to bone deformities in my feet which were due to weight bearing. During the MEB process -- I was ordered to get on a plane, despite memo's from my doctor, to board the plane to Kuwait. I boarded, and carrying my gear up the stairs to the plane in Ft Bliss -- SNAP! My foot snapped from the weight - I was not seen until 2 days later in Al Jabar AFB Kuwait. When the Colonel found out I was being MEB -- and still deployed crap hit the fan and my 1SGT was relieved of his duty as well as the captain. I was shipped back home and medically discharged with 10%. I originally filed for VA in 2009 (6 years after getting out). I was awarded 80% -- this is now 100% with loss of use of foot.

I received a letter last month from the warrior transition group -- advising me of this program. I've submitted everything tonight. Given the little amount of time I had in (2 years 8 months) and getting out as an E4 -- I'm not sure there will be any type of money involved -- which is fine I'm self employed (I train dogs for DOD, DHS, Secret Service etc) so I have a nice income in addition to my VA money. I'm wondering what other benefits would there be if they found me 30+% ? Also will they backpay me the difference since I had to much pride to file for VA compensation for 6 years? I'm excited to go through this process with all of you and can't wait to get a forum veteran badge ;)

PS - Anyone know how you change your profile picture?