LDES Timeline - Adjustment Disorder/Anxiety/Depression/Alcohol Use Disorder

BenM22

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was command directed into the LDES to get me out as quickly as possible. I didn't see any recent post for people doing the LDES route so I figured I'd post mine for other people like me with terrible anxiety that just want to know what to expect. Will update as I receive developments.

19 Feb 2021 - PEBLO called to tell me they sent a memo and 618 to me to sign.
22 Feb 2021 - PEBLO received my signed IMR and 618
24 Feb 2021 - Received email from AFPC stating they are reviewing my package before it is transferred to DES for review by the IPEB.

Does anyone have any information on how long it takes AFPC or IPEB before you hear anything back? The PEBLO told me that once they notify me I have 15 days to out-process so I'm trying to get everything done and plan my life but I have no idea how much I'll be paid and how soon my active pay will stop. I've been in for nearly 13 years so the amount of compensation I'll be getting is pretty important to me. Especially considering I'm a single parent living overseas.

Will update as I receive developments.

30 Oct 2020 - Psychiatrist referred me to MEB
05 Nov 2020 - First Email Received from PEBLO
29 Dec 2020 - Informed I was command directed into LDES
01 Feb 2021 - Over the phone briefing with PEBLO
24 Feb 2021 - Received email from AFPC stating they are reviewing my package before it is transferred to DES for review by the IPEB.

I signed/submitted my 618 on 10 Feb 21 and have not heard anything back except for a VA status update on 26 Feb on my va.gov (IDES) account. The status update does not say what it is though. I have not received any e-mail notifications, but I have also seen others say the same. However, I THINK because you are OCONUS there is an "expedite" placed on your case. It seems most of the people who are IDES have been receiving their ratings back about 3 weeks after submitting their 618. Sorry this doesn't really answer your questions but if you're like me, any information helps.

I signed/submitted my 618 on 10 Feb 21 and have not heard anything back except for a VA status update on 26 Feb on my va.gov (IDES) account. The status update does not say what it is though. I have not received any e-mail notifications, but I have also seen others say the same. However, I THINK because you are OCONUS there is an "expedite" placed on your case. It seems most of the people who are IDES have been receiving their ratings back about 3 weeks after submitting their 618. Sorry this doesn't really answer your questions but if you're like me, any information helps.

Yeah, it definitely does. I'm very eager to find out an actual timeline. It seems like no one has any information for people going LDES.

24 Feb 2021 - Received email from AFPC stating they are reviewing my package
05 Mar 2021 - Received ratings from PEBLO 50% for Adjustment Disorder w/anxiety & depression. Concurred/sent all documents back to PEBLO within the hour.

24 Feb 2021 - Received email from AFPC stating they are reviewing my package
05 Mar 2021 - Received ratings from PEBLO 50% for Adjustment Disorder w/anxiety & depression. Concurred/sent all documents back to PEBLO within the hour.
Glad to hear you got your results back! Still waiting on mine; we will see if the PEBLO calls me today or not. Keep me posted on how long it takes to get your orders if you don't mind.

Glad to hear you got your results back! Still waiting on mine; we will see if the PEBLO calls me today or not. Keep me posted on how long it takes to get your orders if you don't mind.
Will do. Also my PEBLO called to tell me 1 April is a no go because my command is giving me 30 days of permissive TDY on top of my leave. So I should be leaving Ramstein in a few weeks but actual separation date will be later than that.

Hi! Did you finish your LDES process? If so, how long did it take from the time your peblo contacted you until being separated?

I was command directed into the LDES to get me out as quickly as possible. I didn't see any recent post for people doing the LDES route so I figured I'd post mine for other people like me with terrible anxiety that just want to know what to expect. Will update as I receive developments.

Does anyone have any information on how long it takes AFPC or IPEB before you hear anything back? The PEBLO told me that once they notify me I have 15 days to out-process so I'm trying to get everything done and plan my life but I have no idea how much I'll be paid and how soon my active pay will stop. I've been in for nearly 13 years so the amount of compensation I'll be getting is pretty important to me. Especially considering I'm a single parent living overseas.
Hi, how did you get the process started for anxiety/depression? I’ve been dealing with this for a little while but didn’t know you could be med boarded for it. Please help, thank you!

Hi, how did you get the process started for anxiety/depression? I’ve been dealing with this for a little while but didn’t know you could be med boarded for it. Please help, thank you!
Hi! Did you finish your LDES process? If so, how long did it take from the time your peblo contacted you until being separated?
It took me
About a month from being contacted by my PEBLO to getting my ratings and accepting the ratings and reviving orders
My final out date was October 7th and my DOS is 29 Nov. I chose legacy as well, luckily everything moved very fast for me