Leave after IPEB results

dwoodru111

PEB Forum Regular Member
I have 57.5 days of leave availible right now and I just found out I will be permanently retired at 30%. What will happen to my leave?

sfxer02

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure what service you are in, but in the Marines there is 2-4 months in between the findings and your service headquarters giving you your retirement/discharge date....maybe you can use some of it....

embalmerswife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Have a question I posted in the pay back leave place also. Hubby has 74.5 days of leave, but becuase of med retirement we can only take 42 which means we have to sell 32.5 days. They won't adjust his date because it's medical. RSO told us we should get 1 month's BAH becuase if he had been able to use the leave he would have gotten the allotment. Is this true? I can't imagine the Army is going to just give us this, sounds to good to be true. Anybody have any experience with this?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It doesn't sound right to me, either. If I understand correctly, he will be retired at that point. I don't think he can collect the benefit after he is off of active duty. The answer is likely found in the Financial Management Regulation. If I come across contrary guidance, I will post it.

RikersIsland1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what I have found out on About.com under military.

Rules for the location that is used to determine what rate of Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) to pay for military members with dependents:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rule / [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the military member[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]/ and[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]then the location payable Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) is for (see notes 3 and 4)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16/ [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is processing for separation or retirement /[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]old Permament Duty Station unless the last Permament Duty Station was outside the United states, in which case location for the processing station will be used.[/FONT]

DDWUSN

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I think anyone may want to try and ask to use all of leave and TDY time. The Navy PEB says 30-90 days from PERS approval of retirement or seperation. I had 76 days of leave and am authorized 20 days TDY for retirement.

I called PERS-81, and they connected me to seperations for TDRL, the Chief told me I can request as many days as I want, and just write an explanation as to why I was requesting more than 90 on the acceptance form. I did just that, the PEBLO said no way, but when the message came back they gave me exactly the day I requested for seperation/ retirement, with plenty of time to take earned leave, TDY, and a week fro processing, about 115 days. My command was fine with it.

Aston505

PEB Forum Regular Member
I recently just retired , i was put on tdrl. I had 67.5 days of leave saved up. I was not allowed to use any of my leave, i was forced to sell back 60 days, i just lost the 7.5. hope this helps, i retired 11 july. By the way, my command wanted to let me take as much leave as possible, but our AFPC came down and said no leave period. Not sure how it works in your branch.

dwoodru111

PEB Forum Regular Member
Ashton 505,

I am Air Force , How long after you got your IPEB results and concurred did you recieve your retirement date?

AFPEBLO

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For AF. Separation and retirement dates are based on out processing time + accrued leave over the amount you can sell back (60 days) + any permissive days granted by the commander so normally no, you can’t take leave after your case is finalized. (it basicaly has to be frozen to establish your date).

How quickly they establish your date is really driven by how quickly they get the above info back.

dwoodru111

PEB Forum Regular Member
I turned my concurrence in on the 14th of Jul .
I recieved my retirement date today (24 Jul). My retirement date is 2 Sep 08. Thank everyone for all your help.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">