Legal assistance for AFBCMR

Too Late???

Registered Member
Having been homeless just a few years ago, I do not have thousands of dollars to give to a lawyer for a retainer. I have come to realize I should have been medically retired but did not even recieve an evaluation at separation. Is there someone I can contact that may take my case on a percentage basis vs retainer up front basis? Thank you.

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Veteran
Having been homeless just a few years ago, I do not have thousands of dollars to give to a lawyer for a retainer. I have come to realize I should have been medically retired but did not even recieve an evaluation at separation. Is there someone I can contact that may take my case on a percentage basis vs retainer up front basis? Thank you.
Where are you located? A lot of law schools and legal aid offices have set up veteran clinics who perform discharge upgrades. If you can provide a state, I can send you some possible resources.

Too Late???

Registered Member
Where are you located? A lot of law schools and legal aid offices have set up veteran clinics who perform discharge upgrades. If you can provide a state, I can send you some possible resources.
I am living in the Philippines so my VA compensation check stretches further.

Too Late???

Registered Member
You might try the Veterans Legal Institute. They are located in Santa Ana California and provide free services. Also, try NVLSP.
Thanks! I just found reference to NVLSP on another thread also and am looking into them. Will also check out Veterans Legal Institute. Much appreciated.

risenov17

Registered Member
I just ETS'd from Army and was supposed to get surgery for my left shoulder and my back. I was told to go through VA care. I beleive that I should have got MEB from DOD. Filed a CG complain, seen Ombudsman, Brigade Surgeon. I did not get any help from them. I am planning to go through Army review board to upgrade my discharge but really don't know where should I get the legal assistance from?
I am in Colorado Springs, CO

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">