Lifers Abusing Service-Members Prior To Concurrent Receipt

1ZERO

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Okay, I know now that I am that I am not the only one who had to deal with this and more people are speaking out finally, I read on different forums and comments sections. I was a victim, in more than one way. Prior to Concurrent Receipt LIFER'S made life hell for most service-members to seek medical because in their eyes the veteran would be retired and given compensation (VA or Military) and basically they go on to serve and calculate how much that person would be receiving while they are not entitled to it or will be with retired pay by itself after twenty-years. Basically greed and selfishness. This goes for anybody prior to the Concurrent Receipt and anyone specifically prior to 2004 or 2005 from Afghanistan/Iraq who had to deal with this and was badgered and screwed over.

The laws need amended to included right after 9/11 for many issues that have been addressed, such as TBI and PTSD, personally I suffered from both had no idea what either were and nobody cared to treat me because of the above. Only people who knew what it was like back then will be able to understand this all and I am looking to group up with you and stay connected to make changes and help correct your records with the help of legal.

It is not a problem nowadays because the laws were changed, even CRSC. We didn't have access to a lot and those; lifers ruined many service-members lives out of their spite mentality rather than caring for their own; cold hard facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are veteran organizations that support some of the issues you have discussed here and previously.

The AFSA (Air Force Sergeants Association) accepts veterans from all the uniformed services.

The strength of AFSA is its membership. With more than 100,000 members, we represent the Total Enlisted Force components, eras, and their families.

UNIFORMED: All Active Duty, Guard, Reserve and Veterans whose final discharge was characterized as honorable.

FAMILY: Family members of active AFSA members.

ASSOCIATE: DoD Civilians, Civil Air Patrol, JROTC, Member Service Providers/Sponsors, Non-Military Supporters.Recruiting is vital to the continued viability, credibility and growth of our Association.

Legislative accomplishments: legislativeaccomplishments <---LINK

The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is another.

Ron

Blaming other Veterans tends to splinter our voice rather than uniting our voice. There are many Veterans organizations that have fought to make life better for all Veterans. I am a member of the DAV. For this last year the emphasis has been on helping women Veterans. Women Veterans are a minority group; but no less important than male Veterans. Hopefully you will consider getting involved with a Veterans group (if you are not already).

Unfortunately, many AD and Veterans are unaware of the dimensions of invisible wounds like PTSD, TBI...... While on AD, it was frustrating to see AD members suffering without understanding from their peers and leaders. Together we can work for change!

The situation is actually not over right now most organizations are pushing for CR for those 20-year retirees with a VA disability rating between 10-40% as well as those retired under Chapter 61. Some interesting numbers came back from the CBO office it looks like there will be more support to extending CRDP to Chapter 61 retirees (those with a VA rating 50% and above) than lifers with 10-40% rating primarily because of costs 800 million to about 5-7 billion. I incorrectly assumed most medical retirees have a 50% or higher VA rating. So as you can see anyone can get iced and it does lead to a lot of infighting.

More specifically to what you are talking about I believe the situation that happened at Ft Lewis was really DoD wide but only a few were held accountable

Okay, I know now that I am that I am not the only one who had to deal with this and more people are speaking out finally, I read on different forums and comments sections. I was a victim, in more than one way. Prior to Concurrent Receipt LIFER'S made life hell for most service-members to seek medical because in their eyes the veteran would be retired and given compensation (VA or Military) and basically they go on to serve and calculate how much that person would be receiving while they are not entitled to it or will be with retired pay by itself after twenty-years. Basically greed and selfishness. This goes for anybody prior to the Concurrent Receipt and anyone specifically prior to 2004 or 2005 from Afghanistan/Iraq who had to deal with this and was badgered and screwed over.

The laws need amended to included right after 9/11 for many issues that have been addressed, such as TBI and PTSD, personally I suffered from both had no idea what either were and nobody cared to treat me because of the above. Only people who knew what it was like back then will be able to understand this all and I am looking to group up with you and stay connected to make changes and help correct your records with the help of legal.

It is not a problem nowadays because the laws were changed, even CRSC. We didn't have access to a lot and those; lifers ruined many service-members lives out of their spite mentality rather than caring for their own; cold hard facts.
Thanks for anybody's contribution, however, this is not intended to take backlash comments. Such as 'blaming other veterans', this is about service-members who served and were punished for seeking medical and the things medical did to see it that you would not get VA compensation. This is the way it was, like it or not. Nothing else, yes it was horrendous and there are a lot of frustrated vets and I am raising the issue and want you to join me if you were also a victim and also from early combat ops like myself 2001-2002 and were refused treatment and given false medicals on the same basis. Join me, PM me, I want to hear your story, collaborate, get us to a Service Organization and fix our records it was't until after Concurrent Receipt and CRSC that these issues started changing such as IDES (integration), IG actually inspecting units medical and MTF's doing the same, real treatment (Walter Reed, etc.), Transition, etc. all of us got it bad and we deserve our records corrected because we were wronged. Things have since changed for the better but it doesn't mean we are not any less different, the rules fully need extended to all of us. I am not just inferring if you were in combat alone, if you were hurt in training and screwed also includes you and yes I know what that was like.