Line of duty determination

Squib

Registered Member
Long story short, I'm about to be recommended to the DAWG for having 4 PT exemptions in two years. I was drinking at a bar to celebrate my birthday 1.5 years ago and screwed up my ankle pretty bad. It was bad, got better, and then got worse to the point I needed surgery. I don't abuse alcohol by any means, but I'm worried I'll meet a MEB, and they'll say I was injured due to misconduct. Has anyone gone through or seen a similar case?

Long story short, I'm about to be recommended to the DAWG for having 4 PT exemptions in two years. I was drinking at a bar to celebrate my birthday 1.5 years ago and screwed up my ankle pretty bad. It was bad, got better, and then got worse to the point I needed surgery. I don't abuse alcohol by any means, but I'm worried I'll meet a MEB, and they'll say I was injured due to misconduct. Has anyone gone through or seen a similar case?
A finding of misconduct is a pretty high bar. I doubt your actions, based on what you wrote, fit the criteria. With that said, whether on orders, drilling, etc. may be issues. If they are completing a LOD investigation, which they should, seek counsel to protect you and have it be found in the LOD.