LOD 6 years later

Justwaitingonarating17

Registered Member
Hello,

Ive been following these board for several months now as ive been waiting on my meb/peb process to finish up. I was so close to the end when my peblo asked if i had ever recieved an LOD for an incident that happened 5 years ago at a different duty station. After telling her no she said ok, and the v.a would not need one. However, after waiting on ratings for several weeks the v.a requested an LOD be accomplished to determine misconduct before they could complete my ratings. This sent everyone into disseray as it seems no one at my current duty station has seen this happen before. Ive talked toevery agency to include mycommand, the JAG, OAC, PEBLO, and no one seems sure of how to proceed. Has anyone beenthrough this before or have anyguidance?

Been active duty Air Force for 6years, and started MEB infebruary.

Hello,

Ive been following these board for several months now as ive been waiting on my meb/peb process to finish up. I was so close to the end when my peblo asked if i had ever recieved an LOD for an incident that happened 5 years ago at a different duty station. After telling her no she said ok, and the v.a would not need one. However, after waiting on ratings for several weeks the v.a requested an LOD be accomplished to determine misconduct before they could complete my ratings. This sent everyone into disseray as it seems no one at my current duty station has seen this happen before. Ive talked toevery agency to include mycommand, the JAG, OAC, PEBLO, and no one seems sure of how to proceed. Has anyone beenthrough this before or have anyguidance?

Been active duty Air Force for 6years, and started MEB infebruary.

Hello, LOD's are required for Reserve Component soldiers...if you are not a National Guard or Reserve soldier injured in the line of duty then you then an LOD is not required.

Which is part of the confusion. I am Active duty, and always have been. However, the V.A wants it.

Hello again, Seems as if the problems lies with VBA's lack of knowledge in your case. With that said, the Peblo -Jag -MSC need to clarify for the VA that your are not a Reserve Component (RC) soldier and LOD's are for RC soldiers called to active duty, on a weekend drill, AT, or training and injured in the line of duty during that service. An LOD is not a requirement for Regular Active Service soldiers/Airmen/ Marine etc. This is not be something you should even have to deal with ( frustrating). Anyway, can you access the LOD forum section within Pebforum web site and pull off the LOD refs for RC soldiers...I think Jason Perry posted them..... take it to your JAG ( MEB/PEB) representing you and tell them to fix it...