LOD for VA Claim Reserves

Thinkcindi

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received a memorandum in lieu of an LOD determination in my MEB packet.

'In accordance with the listed references, an LOD determination is required in order to
complete the DES process. This memorandum is in lieu of an LOD determination IAW
reference (c) to document service connection.'

Ebenefits says not service connected. I have years of medical records, including the records from when I was injured during basic training. On the LOD paper it even states "direct result of the stress fracture which occurred while the Soldier was ordered to active duty for more than 30 days.'

I am in the reserves.
Does the VA accept this kind of LOD for reservists?

You are in the reserves or were in the reserves? Or are you being discharged and filing for benefits? All of these things have different requirements. You were ordered more than 30 days then it is considered active duty service, yes.

Are you trying to obtain a rating and stay within the reserves?

Question, how do I obtain an LOD for an incident that occurred years ago while I was on my annual training?

I received a memorandum in lieu of an LOD determination in my MEB packet.

'In accordance with the listed references, an LOD determination is required in order to
complete the DES process. This memorandum is in lieu of an LOD determination IAW
reference (c) to document service connection.'

Ebenefits says not service connected. I have years of medical records, including the records from when I was injured during basic training. On the LOD paper it even states "direct result of the stress fracture which occurred while the Soldier was ordered to active duty for more than 30 days.'

I am in the reserves.
Does the VA accept this kind of LOD for reservists?
So do I contact my old unit or who do I contact?

Back