LOD from Air National Guard now in the Army Guard--trying to get out!

mosoldier67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a p3 profile and am getting out on a medical. I have 4 LOD's. One of them was in the Air Guard. The LOD was fully developed and was marked complete to include a memo and investigation by the Air and Army Guard. I have a 20 year letter and 25 years of service.

Problem: My LOD keeps getting kicked back because my then commander forgot to have it signed by the wing commander. Therefore, it lacks the last signature. Again...the LOD is marked legit and the investigation recommends to honor the LOD, yet no one wants to sign the LOD. This has been going on now for three years! I can't start my med board until this is done. Help!

I called the state CSM today and he is supposed to call me back. The MO Air Guard CPT and the state Air Guard COL surgeon were unable to get the LOD signed as of today. Now what? I also have an ombudsman working on this and we are both disgusted with the whole thing!

I am currently Army Guard (did 4 years active duty Army) and was in the Air Guard for 8 years and was deployed twice with them.

Did you ever get this fixed? If not an IG complaint or a Congressional may be in order.

Did you ever get this fixed? If not an IG complaint or a Congressional may be in order.

They finally got the Air Guard LOD signed. However, the LOD is on hold before going to NGB. I have arthritis in both feet now that is developing and I am claiming it as well (slowed things down I guess). I wear orthotics due to multiple injuries. LOD's relating to left ankle, left knee, right foot/ankle. I sincerely believe the multiple injuries have caused me to walk differently thus creating arthritis and the need for orthotics. Nonetheless....four years of this is dragging me down..

I hope the NGB get you squared away soon. Fours years is too long. Mike

Back