LOD IDES VA case closed today 30OCT18

My pervious conditions that were rated 8MAR2016 were sustained, yet my request for increases on a couple of conditions were denied. One condition has new verbiage on eBenefits as listed below:
pulmonary embolism (referred as Recurrent Pulmonary Embolism Requiring Lifelong Anticoagulation) (previously evaluated as chronic pulmonary emboli (claimed as pulmonary embolism - blood thinners))60%, Service Connected, Disability Evaluation System (DES), 03/08/2016

Question: Does this new verbiage (Disability Evaluation System (DES)) support the interpretation that my DOD retirement rating will be based on this condition and rating? Bottom line is I will just have to wait until the PEBLO calls and provides the brief, yet this information gives me a positive outlook for now.

Ron P

I am in the same boat. My claim closed Saturday and 4 of my previous VA ratings have the same verbiage (Disability Evaluation System (DES)) next to it, and they did not before. I guess whoever updates first will know and pass it along.

If the military find the "pulmonary embolism requiring lifelong anticoagulation" unfitting, which is highly likely you will be retired at a minimum of 60%. If other conditions are found unfitting they will raise your DoD retirement above 60%.

I had a Pulmonary Embolism in 2001 and was given a 0% disability rating by the Navy PEB. Appealed to the PDBR and the BCNR but nothing changed. The VA gave me 60% because of the need for lifelong anti-coagulation. The blood clot didn't get me kicked out of the Navy... the decision to follow my doctor's advice and take anti-coagulants for the rest of my life is what cost me my career.

I had a Pulmonary Embolism in 2001 and was given a 0% disability rating by the Navy PEB. Appealed to the PDBR and the BCNR but nothing changed. The VA gave me 60% because of the need for lifelong anti-coagulation. The blood clot didn't get me kicked out of the Navy... the decision to follow my doctor's advice and take anti-coagulants for the rest of my life is what cost me my career.
ChiefJake1, sorry to hear of your PE and the results from the Navy. As you can see in my timeline, I had at least two PEs and that is only because I fought in the 2012 to interpret the period as one long instance to say in the service. At the time I was a Dual Status military technician and had to stay in the military to keep my GS-13 civil service job. Once I had the PE in 2015, then it was the beginning of the MEB process at National Guard Bureau (NGB). Congratulations on being a PE survivor!!! Best regards for your future and take care. Ron P