LOD Question

Hell on Heels

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hopefully a quick question: It seems like every AFI 36-2910 for LOD that I click here and on the internet brings up nothing so I'm hoping someone could tell me off the top of their head-

If your base is suppose to initiate an LOD for something that occured while deployed with them, should they be asking for your prior medical records from your initial AD branch and the prior DD214?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hopefully a quick question: It seems like every AFI 36-2910 for LOD that I click here and on the internet brings up nothing so I'm hoping someone could tell me off the top of their head-

If your base is suppose to initiate an LOD for something that occured while deployed with them, should they be asking for your prior medical records from your initial AD branch and the prior DD214?

Not sure how it could make a difference, but, if someone is asking for these records, that indicates to me that they are doing a formal investigation. I am not sure of the relevance of the request, but, I don't see a problem based on the limited information that you provided, with them asking for these records. (That is, mainly, I can't see why these records would matter- but, the IO can ask for anything...do you have any reason to not want to provide these records....though, at the same time I ask this question, I can't think why these records would not be available to the IO or the AF generally. If they are part of your military records, they should be available).

I tend to think that I may be missing something or that there may be other concerns not stated in this situation.

Hell on Heels

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
There's a lot to the story that I wish I wasn't so afraid to tell considering I don't know if any of the commanders read this website but the main hesitation is when I was asked for them the AFRCC was very upset and sent a memo advising me to get a lawyer. With all the military experience the AFRCC possessed I was afraid to do anything that might jepordize the LOD. Thanks for your quick reply...

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">