Looking for Help. 80% Pursue TDIU?

ReconMcKinney

Registered Member
Forgive me if this is not where I should post this. Not very good at navigating on these forums.

Recently I was increased from 60% to 80% by the VA. This was not due to a claim this was after the VA reevaluated me.

I spoke with another Veteran who told me I should pursue TDIU. Currently I am rated at 70% PTSD (The Va actually changed my diagnosis to PTSD which caused my rating to go up).... 10% for Knee (2 knee surgeries). My record also shows where I have been diagnosed with agrophobia. My question is...I have not had meaningful employment since getting out of the Army in 2013. Fortunately I am able to work from home doing small tasks for my fathers business. I had a job when I first got out but that lasted about 1 1/2 weeks and I had to quit due to severe panic attacks/anxiety. I do not know much about TDIU or if I should even consider this...

Yes, but I would pursue it with an accredited VSO they are free and you can find them at your county government building or through the leading NGO's DAV, American Legion, AMVETS, or VFW. Typically they will send you to an exam to determine your ability to work but since you just had an exam maybe they will go off the record a VSO could give you more guidance on which route to go.

Absolutely, yes. You will need medical evidence (a vocational assessment or medical doctor's assessment) stating that your service connected disabilities are primarily what causes you to be unable to obtain/maintain/secure substantially gainful employment.