Loss of one Testicle/ED - ratable?

BuddyBoy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Friends,
This is somewhat of a follow up from a previous post of mine.
I'm still on active duty. I had testicular surgery, right testicle did not
get blood. Atrophied. Confirmed by Ultra sound and blood test (testosterone way low).

My problem now - ED. Way worse! Hardly works at all. I've read as much as i can
on the Formum about ED and how it is hard to get it rated. But under these circumstances,
would the VA rate it? SMC?
Any insight, experience, much appreciated. Thank you

It will be rated zero, but there is an exception.
1541177173819.png

Has your doctor ran a total testosterone and a free testosterone blood test? If your remain testis is not functioning adequately, you could be rated 30%.

I see . Thank you chaplaincharlie. When DOES the VA rate ED? With systemic afflictions only? ex diabetes, etc? Thank you.

Folks.
Sorry again to bother. But I was sent to a endocrinologist after surgery with my urologist.
Surgery with my urologist removed a right testicular cyst and left testicular hydrocele.
But....right testicle has shrunk to the size of a pistachio (bad visual, sorry). But true. "Vascular insufficiency".
Endocrinologist said right testicle not viable. Dx: Hypogonadism, Long-Term testosterone therapy. SMC?
Do I file an endocrine claim now? The QTC doctor (DO) who did my exam wrote "testes normal" Can't make this up.
Anything at all..... grateful.

As far as the testes are concerned, here is the rating criteria:

Hypogonadism is a condition where the testicles in men or ovaries in women do not produce enough testosterone or estrogen, respectively.

This condition can only be rated if both testicles or both ovaries are completely non-functional. If the ovaries are non-functional, then it is rated under code 7620. If the testicles are non-functional, it is rated under code 7523.

Code 7523: Atrophy of the testicles is when they shrink and become nonfunctional. If one testicle is atrophied, then it is rated 0%. If both testicles are atrophied, then it is rated 20%.

You still can qualify for SMC-K for the loss of use of creative organ for ED. It pays an additional $108.57 per month based on 2019 schedule.