Lost and Confused: Please help!

NJSailor89

Registered Member
So I started the IDES process in May, and received a VA rating of 70% to be sent to the PEB. The PEB came back as 'Unfit: Not Rated'. I have gotten multiple different answers from people within the VA, my PEBLO, and Lawyer. Will the VA rescind their findings and lower them because the PEB claimed I cannot prove it is service-connected? There is no prior medical evidence of the conditions prior to the Navy, and I passed both the entrance and overseas medical screenings.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
So I started the IDES process in May, and received a VA rating of 70% to be sent to the PEB. The PEB came back as 'Unfit: Not Rated'. I have gotten multiple different answers from people within the VA, my PEBLO, and Lawyer. Will the VA rescind their findings and lower them because the PEB claimed I cannot prove it is service-connected? There is no prior medical evidence of the conditions prior to the Navy, and I passed both the entrance and overseas medical screenings.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, what did your assigned IDES attorney say about your current situation? :confused:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

NJSailor89

Registered Member
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, what did your assigned IDES attorney say about your current situation? :confused:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Thank you for your reply. I have gotten different answers from multiple VA individuals, my attorney, and my Peblo. Some say yes, some say no. So my question in a nutshell is will my VA Rating change because of the PEB?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Indeed, you are welcome!

Procedurally within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, the answer is no. The DoD must adopt the VA rating issued by the DoVA D-RAS for all PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical conditions. Take care!

Best Wishes!

jessylynn

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Indeed, you are welcome!

Procedurally within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, the answer is no. The DoD must adopt the VA rating issued by the DoVA D-RAS for all PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical conditions. Take care!

Best Wishes!
So if the VA rated me at 40% for my knee I was found unfit for, I should get that 40% from the DoD or am I misunderstanding?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
So if the VA rated me at 40% for my knee I was found unfit for, I should get that 40% from the DoD or am I misunderstanding?
Indeed, per the DoDD regulations for the DoD IDES process, procedurally, the answer is yes if that's a PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical condition rated by the DoVA D-RAS. Take care!

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">