Lost, STRESS, ADVICE please

HittingBricks

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello everyone been awhile since I post anyways I need help I'm lost and no please do not ask me to speak to my PEBLO or anyone else because at this point. I have lost faith in the ARMY and in everyone I do not trust anyone on this base anyways I need someone to tell me where they think Im at in my PEB, or MEB which I do not even know where Im at what do I mean well

I got a proposed rating paper on what they feel the ARMY will rate me and what the VA will rate me mind you Im only getting medical board for PTSD, I advised them I feel I need to be medical board for my back too since I have had this injury for awhile and on a P2 profile they told me there was not enough evidence ok but I still requested to be push it thru to see if I can get medical board for my back and PTSD at the same time. I submitted a rebuttal and that is that so far mind you I have not gotten anything back yet saying Im FIT for duty or UNFIT so where am in my mess can anyone help me and tell me meanwhile when should I bring up my new evidence that I have from civilians doctors about my BACK and having hernia disc and also when do I address about my TBI that Im not getting a rating for saying they did not have enough evidence meanwhile. I went and got a brain scan done to show I have TBI for sure and also I had a other PTSD exam done so when do I submit that to someone not only that was looking thru my C&P exam paperwork that I got back and there is wrong dates on things and wrong information on there who do I bring this up to??????? Or when do I bring it up needing some advice please maybe just be reassured is all Im lost and just need so guidance from this forum thank you

OUSooner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well it sounds like you are well into the process.

You are past the Intake, MSC brief, C&P exams, Found Unfit, VA Rated and DOD rated your conditions. It looks like you are past the IPEB and if you do not accept the finding may be on to the FPEB.

Best case would have been to submit your new evidence before the IPEB. Now you will need to do a FPEB and present the new evidence in support of that.

This is all just a guess based on what you wrote.

tony292

PEB Forum Veteran
If you got ratings back it should be on a DA form 199. This means you are past the MEB and deep into the PEB. It is possible to add a condition at the PEB level but extremely unlikely.

You see the PEB cannot find you unfit for something that the MEB didn't find "not meeting retention standards" in the first place. It would be like playing two hands of poker and then at the very end of the second hand you say you didn't like the cards dealt in the first hand so you want to redeal and replay the first hand all over again. The system and the Army don't like to play that way. I'm not saying it's your fault, it sounds like you weren't well informed of the entire IDES process as a whole coming into it. This happens a lot. A persons understanding of IDES is often limited to how well thier PEBLO could explain it.

So for this adding of a condition to happen you'd have to submit a rebuttal, which it sounds like you did or a USAPDA appeal. Again this is extremely unlikely to add at this point because the PEB doesn't like to Remand cases backwards. I actually was successful in doing so but my case was a clear misdiagnosis by the first CP examiner.

Last edited:

HittingBricks

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you got ratings back it should be on a DA form 199. This means you are past the MEB and deep into the PEB. It is possible to add a condition at the PEB level but extremely unlikely.

You see the PEB cannot find you unfit for something that the MEB didn't find "not meeting retention standards" in the first place. It would be like playing two hands of poker and then at the very end of the second hand you say you didn't like the cards dealt in the first hand so you want to redeal and replay the first hand all over again. The system and the Army don't like to play that way. I'm not saying it's your fault, it sounds like you weren't well informed of the entire IDES process as a whole coming into it. This happens a lot. A persons understanding of IDES is often limited to how well thier PEBLO could explain it.

So for this adding of a condition to happen you'd have to submit a rebuttal, which it sounds like you did or a USAPDA appeal. Again this is extremely unlikely to add at this point because the PEB doesn't like to Remand cases backwards. I actually was successful in doing so but my case was a clear misdiagnosis by the first CP examiner.

NO I have not gotten that form at all so I guess this means I can bring up these issues correct.

tony292

PEB Forum Veteran
Im a bit confused you said they showed you a paper with some proposed ratings. You can and should ask for a copy of that form! Let us know what the form number is so we can get a better idea of what is going on and assist you. Also you should be talking to a lawyer about any appeals and your doctor regarding your back issues being added. The key is to get the back problem added at the MEB stage as "failing retention standards" then and only then can it ever be found unfit later

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">