Lower back pain

Vegasdanny

Registered Member
I was involved in a terrible car crash back in summer leave in 2017 nobody was hurt including myself, Until I returned back to my unit and we went on a 4 mile run for PT. My back stiffened up and a sharp pain was in the center of my back I went to to my doctor and got X-rays done but there was no fractures but whenever I try to run, ruck, or run with an IOTV my back can’t take it. I am currently in physical therapy but was wondering if the pain continues constantly would you think I would be qualify for MEB and if so would I get my benefits because I’ve Only been in the army for 2 years now.

If PT doesn't work they will most likely order the MRI. If they find something they will send you to pain management to receive steroid injections into your back. If that doesn't work they will suggest surgery. Personally I declined surgery due to the majority of times it doesn't work. If all that fails and your PCM doesn't believe your condition will get better within 12 months you will be referred to an MEB.

Benefits- If found unfit you will receive some VA benefits. Medically discharged most likely without severance pay.

I was involved in a terrible car crash back in summer leave in 2017 nobody was hurt including myself, Until I returned back to my unit and we went on a 4 mile run for PT. My back stiffened up and a sharp pain was in the center of my back I went to to my doctor and got X-rays done but there was no fractures but whenever I try to run, ruck, or run with an IOTV my back can’t take it. I am currently in physical therapy but was wondering if the pain continues constantly would you think I would be qualify for MEB and if so would I get my benefits because I’ve Only been in the army for 2 years now.

Hey bud, I am undergoing a MEB for my back right now. Since 2013 I’ve been getting treatment, I’ve deployed, had 2 spine surgeries, been taking narcotics for 2 years straight, injections, stupid amounts of physical therapy, dry needling, acupuncture, electric stim, etc. DISCLAIMER - Im not a doctor hahah, but what are you feeling? Describe the pain.. I will tell you this, I first injured my back from trauma as well. Take Physical Therapy seriously, push it just a bit with the pain and do your best not to guard (limp, or move differently in attempt not to feel pain) this got me from 2013-2016.. then I bitched out, and here we are. Tell me about your pain and location, I’m willing to bet I can help at least a little bit. The idea of medical sep/retiring may sound good, but by default it will deflect you from seriously trying to get better in efforts to bomb evals for a “higher %”, that most likely won’t workout in your favor anyway.. and the longer you ignore the more problems compound. You’d be surprised at the magnitude $h*t storm back pain can bring when left alone. Let me know though, I would love to help.

I would suggest you visit a doctor in this case and see what they say. Only then can you develop an exercise system that might help you with this.

I would suggest you visit a doctor in this case and see what they say. Only then can you develop an exercise system that might help you with this.
You can talk about your problem to a good gym trainer, and maybe they will advise you on some exercises that would be able to influence the lower back area and make it move. Most problems with back pains are because some parts of your back do not move. You can even take peptides to ensure enough strength for each session. I ordered mine from paradigmpeptides.com, and they work pretty well for me because I feel much stronger than I used to.