Luke AFB MEB timelime

flightlineback

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
so i had my initial rilo meeting (for my degenerative disc disease) on april 19th this year, PEBLO submitted package on 5 July (thanks to my pcm taking a month and half on my NARSUM) and came back on the 10th of July ( directing full MEB). Met with the VA rep today (25 July) to make my package. I was told it could take up to 295 days for everything to be said and done.

i also am claiming 7 condition for the va other than my back. the VA rep said i should only have 3 exams done and should know when they are by the end of the week.

is it to hopefully to think i will be out by the end of the year or beginning of next year?

I'd say judging from previous AF members posts, you should be out in 2-3 months-depending on your PTDY and leave saved up. I've seen people getting out sooner than that lately-but a lot of it depends when your c and p exams are done. I really don't see you having to wait until next year unless you wanted to do a formal board if you wanted different ratings.

Seems like you're past one of the big hurtles in getting the AFPC full meb. Hopefully you continue the trend of good timelines among AF members. Cheers!

Thank you for the response! when the VA person told me 295 days my heart dropped so low into my stomach.... im hoping for atleast 30 percent DOD and 50 percent VA.... but 50 percent DOD and 100 VA would be really good haha.

Good Luck on yours!

Don't get your hopes up on the 2-3 months. A lot of it depends on when your C&P exams are scheduled. Mine were scheduled a month out. That was back in May....I just got a call today saying my NARSUM will be done today. Yes, you had a NARSUM done already, but it wasn't the complete one w/ all the C&P stuff along w/ it. Hopefully your PCM isn't slow like mine and it wont take them that long to write the completed version.

It's hard to say how long it could take, depends on if people are doing their jobs and how backed up w/ others cases they are. I started my process in Jan.....just be patient, it's hard I know

Don't get your hopes up on the 2-3 months. A lot of it depends on when your C&P exams are scheduled. Mine were scheduled a month out. That was back in May....I just got a call today saying my NARSUM will be done today. Yes, you had a NARSUM done already, but it wasn't the complete one w/ all the C&P stuff along w/ it. Hopefully your PCM isn't slow like mine and it wont take them that long to write the completed version.

It's hard to say how long it could take, depends on if people are doing their jobs and how backed up w/ others cases they are. I started my process in Jan.....just be patient, it's hard I know

Yeah it is good advice to not get your hopes up for anything in this process haha.

i understand it takes time and my PCM is pretty slow she took her time doing my first NARSUM 2-3 months is pretty early I just really hope it isn't the full 295 days

exams were scheduled for the 4th 7th and 8th of august...

1 Phx-c&p Gm Laurel (topaz)

2 Phx-c&p Pso Teed (topaz)

3 Phx-c&p Audio Fox (topaz)

I know the first and third exams and what they are for. does anyone have a clue on what the second one is?? I tried to google it but no real answer came up.... thanks in advance

Mine took 377 days just to get my ratings so.... Just know that every experience will vary. I was told I'd be out no later than Christmas of '16 and I'm still waiting for orders. Everyone has their own unique timeline and sadly there is a lot of variance.

Mine took 377 days just to get my ratings so.... Just know that every experience will vary. I was told I'd be out no later than Christmas of '16 and I'm still waiting for orders. Everyone has their own unique timeline and sadly there is a lot of variance.

Such a long timeline! My family and I are so exhausted from waiting, but I am at 253 days, and still waiting on C&P exam results.

good luck to you both! that really stinks it is taking yours so long...

377 days for ratings....I'm sorry man. That blows!

377 days for ratings....I'm sorry man. That blows!
Truth. But I got my orders today, which was pretty quick. Good Luck, I hope your experience goes much quicker!

Truth. But I got my orders today, which was pretty quick. Good Luck, I hope your experience goes much quicker!
You got your orders!!!! I'm hoping your luck rubs off on me!!! Congrats!

is a mental exam always done for mebs?

Depending if you have a condition that warrants it.

On topic, mine took 14 months. I did go to a formal board but that only added 2-3 months. I have seen people get out really quickly as well. Just make sure you get to your exams, they can take a long time to reschedule. Your last appointment could be hearing, it should say on the email you got with directions and whatnot.

Also check out http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/search.php I made some mistakes at my appointment. I need to get evaluated for some things due to documentation issues. It is really nitpicky so if the right verbiage, diagnosis or symptoms are not there you won't qualify. I missed out on 50% for headaches because the C&P exam lady just asked one question about it and moved on. Some people that do the exams are cool. I got a copy of my records and was amazed at how much they downplayed my evaluations.

Last edited:
got the package pack yesterday and submitted a letter of exception with it to afpc, now to wait to see what my ratings are.....

I still haven't heard anything on mine. As of tomorrow it will have been at the IPEB for 3 weeks. Just sent my PEBLO an email checking-in and seeing if she has heard anything but not getting my hopes up...

We are on the same timeline...I think I check eBenefits everyday for no reason haha

Yea I know better than to check it, but its still part of my daily routine...I have nothing else better to do.

So what I was told is that it's a "new" thing they are doing. If you have ever had a mental diagnosis in the military, you will be refered for it along side your primary diagnosis. It caught me off guard I was refered for something that I was seen for
5 years ago. They said it's to screen for ptsd and suicidal behavior.

Oh, and your package is moving so fast!

I am currently on my second 1 year profile, and at 373 days of this process.....My stuff got sent to the VA 19 days ago so I can't wait lol.