Major depressive recurrent with moderate anx.

Nutmeg genesis

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys! New to the site. I've learned a lot on this site and maybe this could be my timeline for the future peblers..
Anyway,

Oct. 2017 drink 2 gallons of vodka to commit suicide, fell out of a window instead and pulled a fire alarm. Got sent to sarc and since have been put on countless meds, my question is since I had problems with my anger and depression in my teens due to some personal stuff. And now I'm diagnosed with it, can I claim it? Because the military has made it worse by experiencing 3 suicides in Oki.

December 20th Peblo interview

Conditions that Existed Prior to Service (EPTS) can be compensated to the extent they were made worse by service. Example: anxiety prior to service would rate 10%. After service the condition rates 50%. Member is eligible for 40% for condition aggravated by service. If you have 8 years or more there is no deduction, so you could get the full 50%.

Conditions that Existed Prior to Service (EPTS) can be compensated to the extent they were made worse by service. Example: anxiety prior to service would rate 10%. After service the condition rates 50%. Member is eligible for 40% for condition aggravated by service. If you have 8 years or more there is no deduction, so you could get the full 50%.

Well before the marine corps I just did alot of drugs and had the terrible teen hormone phase. But now I cant connect to people emotionally and isolate myself 99% of the time. Anxiety the whole 9 yards, something i never dealt with before the marine corps. The doctor wrote on the sheet i gave the peblo "poly substance abuse with suicidal ideation depression and anxiety in teens." Would they try and say because of that its before the service or is it a new diagnoses? Unsure.. Sorry for all the questions

The C&P examiner should sort it out.

"[B]Nutmeg genesis[/B]"- were you deployed- i.e. combat, one of many places around world US currently involved- and/or experienced extended periods without sleep or even in USMC "training for war"?

If so may be interested and/or may assist you with the following:

Google Scholar web-link Scholarly Articles on Sleep Deprivation and Relation Anxiety-Depression etc..... which think US DVA has hard time coming to grips with- particularly long-extended periods either peace time or war without sleep.... many US Service members experience????

Along same lines as above the following particular scholarly article, as example only, was of high interest: "The effects of sleep deprivation on symptoms of psychopathology in healthy adults" Ellen T. Kahn-Greene, Desiree B. Killgore, Gary H. Kamimori, Thomas J. Balkin, William D.S. Killgore * Department of Behavioral Biology, Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA Received 26 July 2006; received in revised form 27 July 2006; accepted 16 August 2006 Available online 26 March 200 at web-address: https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.e...=The_effects_of_sleep_deprivation_on_symp.pdf

Furthermore: chaplaincharlie said:
"Conditions that Existed Prior to Service (EPTS) can be compensated to the extent they were made worse by service. Example: anxiety prior to service would rate 10%. After service the condition rates 50%. Member is eligible for 40% for condition aggravated by service. If you have 8 years or more there is no deduction, so you could get the full 50%."

Would be interesting to know where this is actually found- i.e. which regulation, CFR, etc...etc..... as was under understanding, as I think many are and sadly whole bunch "rating clerks" at US VBA , most conditions that supposedly existed prior to service not compensate-able.....?????????

Hopefully ChaplainCharlie will clarify...????

Anyway [B]Nutmeg genesis[/B]- hope this helps somewhat as not clear, as is understandable in first limited posting, what in USMC Service caused an "exacerbation" of prior symptoms...????

Thanks... and forgive me still issues this website......

"[I][B]Nutmeg genesis[/B][/I]"- tried to edit above but could not, pretty funny actually, watching movie "The Happy Time Murders" and one of the main characters in movie mentions "sleep deprivation causing anxiety," so simply thought would look into and see if anything "scientifically" to it..... thus web-links above post #7 it is amazing what one can find researching things in movies, TV shows, songs, movie-videos, etc.... that are by and large accurate either in history, symbology, theology and/or science.....?????

Anyway hope assist's you and-or other's some small way.....???? Hopefully ChaplainCharlie will respond with citation of regulation he paraphrases.....

Thanks........and forgive me still issues this website.....

I never was in a combat zone but in recon training i went 3 days without sleep, of course I failed later on but since I have had insomnia. I take 25mg martazapine for insomnia also which is documented. I suffere from major depression which I can link to service, moderate anxiety, insomnia and moderate panic attack. Major when I dont take my meds. Who knows what I'll be rated...

One of the sources regarding Existed Prior to Server is AR 635-40. It covers the IDES process along with associated DA PAMs. It's also mentioned many more times related to other aspects of EPTS. The only time it's overlooked is if a person served greater than 8 years or there is clear evidence that the service aggravated the illness or injury.

Paragraph 4-4 :

a. The Soldier's conditions existed prior to service (EPTS). The Soldier must be on continuous active duty for more than 30 days. The MEB must provide clear and unmistakable evidence that the Soldier’s medical condition(s) that do not meet medical retention standards are EPTS and did not permanently worsen or progress beyond natural progression while on active duty (specifically, were not service aggravated) (see DA Pam 635–40 for procedures)

Paragraph 4-4 :

a. The Soldier's conditions existed prior to service (EPTS). The Soldier must be on continuous active duty for more than 30 days. The MEB must provide clear and unmistakable evidence that the Soldier’s medical condition(s) that do not meet medical retention standards are EPTS and did not permanently worsen or progress beyond natural progression while on active duty (specifically, were not service aggravated) (see DA Pam 635–40 for procedures)

Oxymoron- by chance what version of AR 635-40 are you quoting 2006 or 2017 or some other version? See link 2006 version at https://dmna.ny.gov/hro/agr/army/files/1416862369--AR 635-40.pdf and if not mistaken this is not IAW Paragraph 4-4 that you have in fact cited.... could be wrong???? If so could you please correct me????

Nutmeg genesis- I had to look up
I take 25mg martazapine for insomnia also which is documented

Might be interested in the following links on Martazapine: Mirtazapine (Remeron) - Side Effects, Dosage, Interactions - Drugs and mirtazapine - Google Search

Apparently, and I did not know this about Seroquel- Martazapine can in fact be utilized to get high as well as Seroquel and other VA Issued Medications.

It is good your Medications are in fact documented, but would caution that with some sleep medications long term usage has severe consequences as well- such as memory loss, etc....

Additionally, per a local Gulf Coast VA Veteran, they once again had, and despite telling US DVA not to send them, medications delivered via the USPS with internal bottle security seals tampered with- i.e. broken/open; even thought exterior packaging seemed fine.... hummph......

Also, apparently this veteran has talked some local Pharmacies, and like the US DVA, as they found out or at least Gulf Coast VA System/VISN16 does not, they apparently do not randomly sample the quality of their medications from the manufacturer(s).... which is highly odd, because if movies etc..are correct..even common illicit drug dealers quality check their product...?????? Odd, as well this veteran on both US DVA medications and civilian issued medications has supposedly reported to their US DVA Providers- that they have noticed different very dramatic effects taking same medications and dosages from same issued bottles on numerous different occasions.....odd indeed?????

If, Nutmeg Genesis, you happen to, and would encourage you to attend a PRRTP Program, the reason the US DVA and other's will either force you to lock up the medications you routinely take at home, or force you to get in line and have a nurse administer is exactly because some of these medications are in fact used to get high, etc.... So do not be surprised somewhat treated like a child if you choose to try and attend a US DVA PRRTP Program for your conditions....?????

Oxymoron- hopefully you can clarify on AR 635-40 and Nutmeg Genesis- hope some of this assists you.....?????

Sorry still having issue functionality this website.....???????

Ahhh thatd suck if they do that to me.. I take 4 different meds and so thatd be a nightmare.. Still yet to have my C&P exams, any knowledge on when in the timeline id have them? Thanks for all the help btw!

Just saw it on mol, is ebenefits better to use?

I'm not familar with what MOL is. Ebenefits is useful to look at everything post service related such as VA Pay, Education benefits, claims statuses, etc. Would be curious to sign up for this MOL and check it out. What does it stand for?

Oh nice! I gotta make an account for it. MOL is what every Marine has to havr cause we look at all our training and medical stuff on it. Really only useful if your active duty

Ebenefits is useful to look at everything post service related such as VA Pay, Education benefits, claims statuses, etc. Would be curious to sign up for this MOL and check it out. What does it stand for?

Oh nice! I gotta make an account for it.

Nutmeg genesis- might also want to check out, of many US DVA web-sites; VA.gov at web-address: Home However, would caution you as I and others have been cautioned by VA attorney's, VA employees, etc... that nothing with US DVA/BVA is in fact 'official' until you get your written decision letter in the mail- i.e. hard-copy! Believe it or not, can vary from what is posted on US DVA web-sites! Although these various web-site are great to give you some idea of were stand in the "decision" process I would in fact urge caution when it comes to an 'official' decision and your decision letter in the mail actually arrives!

Oxymoron- was wondering still what version of AR 635-40 you were citing, if possible.....??????

Nutmeg genesis: also on PRRTP Programs offered by the US DVA, might want to see for example only web-address: PRRTP and would also caution you here as well, that most PRRTP Programs tell vets up front in their literature will that attendance will not by and large assist "rating" purposes. However, as far as assisting a veteran in potentially getting better or coping better they can in fact assist, but as with everything all are not created equally and some are better than others..... A good source, for the 'scoop' on this, so to speak, can be the US DVA OEF/OIF Representative, other veterans, and in some cases US DVA MH Providers themselves......

A host of these US DVA PRRTP Programs will in fact encourage you to journal, or do other constructive things to occupy and develop your brain/mind... such as reading....and other useful things like learning another language, etc....

On the reading side I, if interested, I would perhaps recommend "Killing Lincoln-The Schocking Assassination That Changed America Forever" by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. It is interesting that some of the "vertebrae"(?) of John Wilkes Booth are supposedly, per authors, kept at Walter Reed Military Hospital, and a DNA analysis was requested by Booth's living relatives, that at time book was written the result's of such an analysis were/ have not been released.... ?????

Keeping a journal can not only assist you but your US DVA MH Providers as well in your treatment, and can simply scan and send MHV Secure Messaging if so desire.... if have not, encourage you to sign up for a Premium MyHealtheVet Account at web-site: Home - My HealtheVet for example.....

Nutmeg genesis- hope this helps somewhat and you have a very Happy New Year 2019 .......

Still issues this web-site.....

Nutmeg-Genesis: as far as PRRTP Programs go, and if also have chronic pain issues as well, (i.e. falling out window if not mistaken) might want to check out the following, for example only, at web-address: Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program - James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida "James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida" below "italics" cited form listed web-address:

"The Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program (CPRP) is an award winning, comprehensive, inpatient and outpatient chronic pain treatment program established in 1988 to help veterans with chronic pain cope with their conditions. Since that time, we have evolved into a nationally known center for pain treatment, research, and education. We have been designated a VA “Clinical Program of Excellence” for pain treatment, and we are the only CARF accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) inpatient pain treatment center in the VA system. "

As with most US DVA Programs- PRRTP, etc... one must apply and have a referral- see for example web-address associated above on application process: Information for Veterans - James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida "Information for Veterans" and below "italics" cited from listed web-address:

"Eligibility: To be eligible for services provided by the CPRP, you must meet one of the following criteria:
  • You are a veteran eligible for treatment by Veterans Affairs medical facilities
    OR
  • You are an active duty military service member
Most programs have additional eligibility criteria which typically include an evaluation and screening process for appropriateness.
FOR VETERANS
Costs

There may be some charges to you for our services. This will depend on what eligibility category you are in. Check with your local VA eligibility office to determine if any charges would be involved if you were to receive treatment here. If you are normally treated by the Tampa VA, call our eligibility office at (813) 972-2000, ext. 1710 for this information.
Referral
If you are interested in services provided by the CPRP, you MUST be formally referred to our program by a VA provider.
Information for VA healthcare providers regarding referral is available on the For Professionals page.
Admission
A screening process is required prior to admission. You will be seen either in person or contacted via telephone by members of our staff from medical and psychology.

If you are accepted into the CPRP, the week prior to your admission date one of our staff will call to confirm your arrival. Due to our waiting list, we want to make sure all available admission slots are used."

Word around the "campfire" so to speak, is this Program is phenomenal and kind of the US DVA showcase for Pain Management etc..... offering all sorts of "gee-wiz" services..... but apparently-supposedly exceedingly difficult to get into...... as some PRRTP and other US DVA Programs can be... as "stated" all not created equally.....

Hope this helps..Nutmeg Genesis as an example only, if so interested in PRRTP Programs and/or what not via US DVA and hopefully "improvement".....???????

(still issues website)