Max CRSC Retro

katy2160

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all just wondering what is the max amount anybody is aware of for CRSC Retro payment? I am looking at 6 years total back pay at 80% AC, I have done some rough math and I feel like I might have hit the lottery but still feel it may be to good to be true and somehow I will get the shaft.

RonG

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all just wondering what is the max amount anybody is aware of for CRSC Retro payment? I am looking at 6 years total back pay at 80% AC, I have done some rough math and I feel like I might have hit the lottery but still feel it may be to good to be true and somehow I will get the shaft.
If you are a CH 61 retiree with less than 20 years AD, your CRSC might not be paid @ 80% if that is your approved CRSC percentage.

Retirees in the category above receive the lesser of:
—CRSC percentage approved by service (the 80% will be found in the VA compensation tables).
OR
—the dollar amount of longevity portion of retirement pay (AD Years x 2.5% = multiplier; multipler x high three = longevity)

If the waiver of retired pay due to receipt of VA leaves residual retired pay, that amount reduces the CRSC payable.

In one of your earlier posts, I think you mentioned 19.3 years AD. 19.3 x 2.5% = 48.25 % multipler
Note: If the “.3” is meant to show 3 months, then 3/12 = 25% of one year. 19.25 x 2.5% = 48.125% multiplier

In any case, you should have a nice retro CRSC payment in the future.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">