MEB & Admin Separation Board due UA

rytic

Registered Member
Hello,
I need some advice on a current situation that Im going through. I am a soldier with 9 years serving in the Army, After I finished my MEB process and I was starting with Transition process I popped hot in a random UA for Cocaine I was inmediately FLAG and the MEB separation process stopped. I tried to prove my innocense during the art 15 providing a negative hair folicle test, multiple character letters, providing a statement that IDK how that drug was in that UA and recomendations from TDS but nothing seems to work I was found guilty by the batallion CDR. The only proof the goverment have against me is the positive UA. I was demoted to E4 and payment suspension, the company CDR recomendation for my admin separation packet is to seperate me under "other than honorable" discharge I have to face an adminitrative separation board and I dont know what else to do to prove to the members of the board that is not my character. TDS told me to present the evidence that I already have but Im not sure if that is going to be enough, I tried to hire an civilian attorney but they are charging me $12,000 to represent me that I cant afford. As right now I have a misconduct for wrongfuly use of cocaine and a MEB approved 100/70% my conditions are depression, panic attacks, PTSD, sleep disorder and 24 more other physical conditions. Is there anyone here that had been in a similar situation or anyone that can advice me of what to do next and the possibles out come? Any online resource or legal advice?

Thanks.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
It seems your options would be to use the free legal services of the JAG or hire an experienced attorney.

I was the member of a couple of courts martial while on active duty. One involved a positive UA. The verdict was guilty and the only evidence was the positive test. I am not saying you used drugs, just recounting an experience.

Ron

rytic

Registered Member
It seems your options would be to use the free legal services of the JAG or hire an experienced attorney.

I was the member of a couple of courts martial while on active duty. One involved a positive UA. The verdict was guilty and the only evidence was the positive test. I am not saying you used drugs, just recounting an experience.

Ron
Ron,

Thanks for sharing.

LuLa

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Not the exact same scenario but similar, We tried to admin discharge an Airman for bad behavior but they would not allow us to proceed bc of medical. He had something pending that did not allow the admin sep to go through. We had to get 3-star approval to override the medical which was fairly easy but it took a little time.